Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
New car dilemma
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
simoncrouch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dare I suggest a Ford Ranger Wildtrak, fully kitted and get your bike in the back no problem.

I currently have a rather excellent V70. Great car if a little dull to drive.
BMX

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate cars overall but we currently have a courtesy new Vauxhall Insignia, utter balls, steering wheel full of poo-poops, seats that have destroyed my back, parking sensors that go off when you pull in to let oncoming traffic through, ~#*$ bleeps when I put a bag on the passenger seat and screens all over the place telling you what radio station you're listening to rather than anything usefull.

I hate cars.
Andy916

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
My Legacy is a '07 3.0R Spec B Tourer. It's a very nice car, and can be as lairy or sedate as you want (STI gearbox and chassis/underpinnings - but 3 Ltr NA engine). I think they only did it for a coupe of years; likes a drink it does!

I ran sprint and trackday Imprezas for a few years, up to 400bhp, which were exhilarating, thirsty and fragile. That was 2L with a big turbo though. In the Leggie or Forester do you get a full-size spare wheel? If so, LPG conversion makes a lot of sense for a heavier vehicle like that.

My triathlon vehicle of the last few months is a small camper. It's the size of a VW but a third of the price with a higher spec. Nissan Elgrand Jap import, with the same 3.5 V6 that you get in a 350Z. Rear camper conversion makes best use of space, with king-size bed from swivelled/flattened mid-row of seats. LPG conversion from someone who really knows their stuff, 85L tank in the spare wheel well. Smartphone app that maps the LPG forecourts, with current prices and satnav directions. Full tank of petrol too if you want massive extra range. At half the price of petrol it does the equivalent of 32-40mpg, and is cleaner/smoother/quieter than a disiesel will ever be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: