Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
How much should I eat/drink in an Ironman and when
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whisk

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin Pot wrote:
This year I'm thinking of liquid calories primarily, maybe eat if hungry? Like the drink to thirst concept.

I can see how that would work for a hot race where you can easily go through two bottles of drink every aid station on the bike, but if it turns out to be a cold/wet race then you might find that you don't feel like drinking much.

Also bear in mind that the mix of aid station drinks can be a bit hit or miss, so even if you do drink to your schedule you might find that you're taking in fewer calories than you planned.
Whisk

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin Pot wrote:
IMUK I took bars but wasn't allowed in to put them in my bike bag on race day,

A bento box on the top tube is useful for this. You can put it on the bike before the start and it's there to remind you to eat while you are riding.

Just don't do what I did at my last IM Lanza and forget to put it on the bike. I reached for my first bar at 30 mins in and realised that there was something missing Shocked Rolling Eyes
Tri'ing Swimmer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took advice of getting a toptube bag to put bars and an inner tube in. Had planned to bike self sufficient with extra fluids from aid stations but just coming across the concept of special needs bags. Do many people use them? If so I just assume for bulkier/specific nutrition if don't like what's provided, or do they have other uses?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: