Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
IM deferral program and payment plan option

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stenard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: IM deferral program and payment plan option Reply with quote

Interesting email just received from IM.
Could well convince me to take the plunge to full distance. The payment plan option is a little bit more expensive (3* GBP 140 for IMUK rather than GBP 385), but does make it a little easier on the wallet pretty much a year out.

The deferral program is a big upside given the "no cost" statement. Some insurance against the risk of injury and being able to defer is quite appealing.

Quote:
NEW IN 2018

Inventory Based Pricing
IRONMAN will also offer Tiered Pricing based on slot inventory rather than dates for these events. Once slots are sold at each level the price will go up. Because IRONMAN All World Athletes have the option to register for events before General Registration opens, it is likely you will be offered the lowest entry fee for your registration.

Deferral Program
We want you to commit early to your 2018 race and we'll commit right along with you. Athletes who register within the first 90 days of general entries becoming available are eligible to defer their entry into the next year's event at no cost. We know that training can be tough and life happens, that's why we're offering the deferral option to athletes who register early. All requests will be honored until 45 days out from the original event date regardless of the reason for deferral. The deferral may only be used once. Athletes who elect to defer their entries forfeit any partial refund or insurance refund.

Payment Plan Option
This is something athletes have been asking for and we're responding. Athletes who register within the first 90 days of general entries becoming available will have the option to pay via a three-part payment plan. Athletes opting for the payment plan may also utilize the deferral option listed above once all three payments have been completed.
PCP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in again for next year. About time they had a defer option for all those that get injured.
Chrace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering IMUK wasn't full (I even considered signing up with 5 days to go), and other m-dot events are filling up far slower, saturation seems to have been hit?

So they likely need to look at options to get the cash flow going. I cynically do not think they are doing the deferral plan for the sake of the athletes.
hammerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better but work can still be done!. payment plan is at tier 3 price rather than early entry price so you are essentially getting a loan at around 10% APR. Still a reasonable option for athletes and IM who get confirmed entries early and money int heir account
The deferral is still a bit too far in advance for my liking and only for early bird entries. VLM you can defer on the day of the race. That's probably a step too far but 4 weeks would make a bit more use for true injuries and still give IM time to do the admin.

A step in the right direction though.
stenard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrace wrote:
I cynically do not think they are doing the deferral plan for the sake of the athletes.

Clearly they are making changes with self-interest at heart, as they are a business, but that doesn't mean the changes aren't fairly big positives for athletes too.
Chrace

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
Chrace wrote:
I cynically do not think they are doing the deferral plan for the sake of the athletes.

Clearly they are making changes with self-interest at heart, as they are a business, but that doesn't mean the changes aren't fairly big positives for athletes too.

Agreed Stenard. I think I'm just getting too used to smaller events where they actually really care about people having a good time. Smile
PCP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrace wrote:
stenard wrote:
Chrace wrote:

Agreed Stenard. I think I'm just getting too used to smaller events where they actually really care about people having a good time. Smile

I'm beginning to wonder about that at times now. 50-70 for a sprint, 75-100 for an Oly.
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not everyone, our club puts on two tri's each year. 35 for open water sprint or Oly and 30 for pool sprint.
Ps. This is not a plug as they're already gone for this year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: