Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The sub-17/18 min 5k thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41

View previous topic :: View next topic  
twhat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Stenard, great time... i'll have to find you on Strava, we seem to be continuing in the same vein of matched performances , i ran an unexpected 17.55 about a month back which i was well chuffed with. One thing i would say is i seemed to benefit from holding back a touch as i ran about 3.36/k for the first 3 and ran 3.25 on the last, so might be worth a shot for you ?
Running a fair bit lately, I'm having a slightly easier week (and no booze!) so i can have a pop at 17.45 this weekend, planning on 3.34'k and then hopefully pick it up. My local parkrun is perfect for it and weather looks good so no excuses.......
PhilleusPhogg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twhat wrote:
Nice one Stenard, great time... i'll have to find you on Strava, we seem to be continuing in the same vein of matched performances , i ran an unexpected 17.55 about a month back which i was well chuffed with. One thing i would say is i seemed to benefit from holding back a touch as i ran about 3.36/k for the first 3 and ran 3.25 on the last, so might be worth a shot for you ?
Running a fair bit lately, I'm having a slightly easier week (and no booze!) so i can have a pop at 17.45 this weekend, planning on 3.34'k and then hopefully pick it up. My local parkrun is perfect for it and weather looks good so no excuses.......

Congrats twhat, good stuff. Which parkrun are you lining up?

Your subsequent post on the sub 3hr thread made me chuckle
twhat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhilleusPhogg wrote:
twhat wrote:

Very Happy

I swore only races up to 10k for the rest of 2017 but its tempting as I find myself in a decent vein of form....
Its Southend parkrun ... its 3 laps, not 'track' flat but pretty much as close as you will get. It can get windy down there but not this week hopefully. I'm pretty spoilt as there are two other wooded/hilly parkruns within a few miles of my house too... i just only ever make the flat one ! The marathon is Chelmsford on 22nd October but i think i'm going to pass, its touch and go now to fit in the long runs anyway.
PhilleusPhogg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twhat wrote:
PhilleusPhogg wrote:
twhat wrote:

Very Happy

I swore only races up to 10k for the rest of 2017 but its tempting as I find myself in a decent vein of form....
Its Southend parkrun ... its 3 laps, not 'track' flat but pretty much as close as you will get. It can get windy down there but not this week hopefully. I'm pretty spoilt as there are two other wooded/hilly parkruns within a few miles of my house too... i just only ever make the flat one ! The marathon is Chelmsford on 22nd October but i think i'm going to pass, its touch and go now to fit in the long runs anyway.

If there's a risk you won't do yourself justice in an autumn mara, why not just use your fitness to keep doing more 5/10Ks (or other fun races)? The more you do, the more likely you'll find a day where conditions and your body are both in ideal condition and you end up with say a 17:30 5K Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41
Page 41 of 41

Jump to: