Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Ultra / Trail Running - General Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After whetting my appetite with a 50km trail run across Dartmoor last year, 100km of the Jurassic Coast in May and the Welsh 3000s last weekend i was looking for the next logical step ... a 100 mlier obviously!

I was considering one of two of Climb South West's new events - Jurassic Coast 100 miler and the Coast to Coast (south Devon to North Devon across the Two Moors Way). But these have all been and are challenge events. Don't get me wrong it's been an awesome introduction and i have had 3 x ace days out with friends! The two CSW ones would be more of the same so i started to crave something a little more competitive. Enter MudCrew's Arc of Attrition.

So that's me. Along with the RD of CSW and another friend, we have all entered into the Arc in Feb. I'm really looking forward to it, and will be trying my hardest for a gold buckle, though that is going to be mega tough!

To be fair, i'll probably end up helping out on the other two and doing pretty big sections of them anyway!! haha.

So, at least i now have a nice target to keep me going over the winter.

Anyone else in here either running it next year or who has done it in previous years?
tunster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerbongo wrote:
After whetting my appetite with a 50km trail run across Dartmoor last year, 100km of the Jurassic Coast in May and the Welsh 3000s last weekend i was looking for the next logical step ... a 100 mlier obviously!

I was considering one of two of Climb South West's new events - Jurassic Coast 100 miler and the Coast to Coast (south Devon to North Devon across the Two Moors Way). But these have all been and are challenge events. Don't get me wrong it's been an awesome introduction and i have had 3 x ace days out with friends! The two CSW ones would be more of the same so i started to crave something a little more competitive. Enter MudCrew's Arc of Attrition.

So that's me. Along with the RD of CSW and another friend, we have all entered into the Arc in Feb. I'm really looking forward to it, and will be trying my hardest for a gold buckle, though that is going to be mega tough!

To be fair, i'll probably end up helping out on the other two and doing pretty big sections of them anyway!! haha.

So, at least i now have a nice target to keep me going over the winter.

Anyone else in here either running it next year or who has done it in previous years?

never done it myself - has a tough rep and a lot depends on the weather at this time of year - look forward to hearing all about it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135
Page 135 of 135

Jump to: