Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
IM Vichy - I am finally excited

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattsurf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: IM Vichy - I am finally excited Reply with quote

IM Vichy is now just over 2 weeks away, and I realised this morning that I am finally excited about it.

The last 3 months my thoughts have been focused on whether my knee would ever recover in time.... It is still a long way from being perfect, however, I can run, and I am pretty confident that it will go the distance, so long as I am careful

Even though the season started really strong, and I had visions of qualifying for Kona, in March I had a nasty bike crash and broke my collarbone, then soon after returning to training I injured my knee

Then to cap it all, I start a new Job in Switzerland in September, and my training time is being taken up by looking for an apartment, sorting schools for my kids, getting our house ready to rent and a thousand other things

Next year I need to get a trainer and put together a plan to qualify for Kona; I am pretty sure I can do it, just need to stay injury free

For Vichy, I have no targets for time, just plan to get round and enjoy myself and hopefully, call myself an Ironman
Andy G

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck. Remember to post a race report afterwards.

Andy G
bespoke

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt
I am doing this event as well; only entered 3 weeks ago
Still need to find a hotel !
Parents live in Dordogne so doing this as part of a family holiday. Roads here are great for cycling
It has been very cool here the last week; lots of rain. Wondering how this will affect the lake temperature !!
mattsurf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Auberge Bourbonnais, if you go direct to their web site they have rooms, only 7k from Vichy
tuckandgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: IM Vichy - I am finally excited Reply with quote

Next year I need to get a trainer and put together a plan to qualify for Kona; I am pretty sure I can do it, just need to stay injury free

- wait and see how you do at Vichy, don't get ahead of yourself.

Have fun, amazing race.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the new job in CH; should be a great experience! I wouldn't worry about the Ironman too much, just get to T2 and take it from there. Most of us end-up walking at least some of the run (I've only managed to run all of it 3 times) even if it's the aid stations; I would even recommend it now, from the first one, as it would stop me (at least) going off too fast!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: