Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Garmin help - uploading course to Garmin 820

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foggo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Garmin help - uploading course to Garmin 820 Reply with quote

Is there a way to download a course to my Garmin 820 without using my PC/Laptop?
Can I pair my Garmin with my phone to download the course? Or do O need a laptop/PC to get the course onto the Garmin?

Thanks
thewannabeironman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone can manually load a route or ride on their Edge 800/810/1000/Touring and get navigation. Here’s how:

First download the GPX file to your PC, save it to the desktop or note the location you save to
Connect your Garmin to your PC, it should be recognised as an additional drive
Click on the Garmin drive to open the folder, you should see a tree with a folder named ‘New files’
Drag your saved GPX file into the ‘New Files’ folder, your PC will transfer the file to your Garmin
Disconnect your Garmin from your PC
To follow the route, select the ‘Courses’ icon on your Garmin, and choose the relevant file from the drop down list.

After you have selected the course, your Garmin will calculate the route, this can take a minute or two.

To follow uploaded routes, it is best to set up your Garmin as follows:-

Routing => Bicycle
Guidance Method => Off Road (some people swear by On Road/Distance)
Lock on Road => No
Recalculate => Off or Prompted (important, or it will shortcut you back home!!! I use prompted, but almost always say no)
I have recalculate turned off permanently as even riding on the wrong side of a road will trigger it, and this takes time to calculate and uses up the battery.
70.3 -> 1
----------
GrahamO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewannabeironman wrote:
First download the GPX file to your PC,

Did you read the bit that said 'without using a PC' ?
Whisk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Create the course in Garmin Connect, save it to your "Courses", download the Garmin Connect app to your phone and pair the phone with the Garmin, go to the "Courses" folder on the Garmin app and "send to device".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: