Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
If you want to get done for doping - go BIG
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fat buddha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: If you want to get done for doping - go BIG Reply with quote

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/former-rock-racing-rider-leogrande-banned-for-second-doping-case/

banned for EPO in 2007, now banned for 8 years for testing positive for 7 drugs - only one of which is approved for human use.

so, he chooses to dope with 6 drugs that aren't approved, one of which has suspicion of causing cancer and has been abandoned as a candidate drug.

there is no hope for idiots like this - he should be on a lifetime ban.

and he's a frigging amateur??? sheesh.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the brightest of cookies...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
doug

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm normally against lifetime bans thinking that sometimes people can learn their lesson and reform, but in this case I think an 8 year ban is insufficient.
Perhaps he should get an 8 year ban for each of his 7 failures, let him come back to sport in 56 years (if the drugs haven't killed him by then).
fruit thief

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many colourful tattoos. I'm thinking the overall look with typical colourful lycra is quite busy. Plain white might work, or maybe something understated like Team Sky have had.

Oh and saddle height is... probably perfect

Last edited by fruit thief on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
iwaters

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doug wrote:
I'm normally against lifetime bans thinking that sometimes people can learn their lesson and reform, but in this case I think an 8 year ban is insufficient.
Perhaps he should get an 8 year ban for each of his 7 failures, let him come back to sport in 56 years (if the drugs haven't killed him by then).

Its hard, people do make mistakes and sometimes it genuinely is an honest mistake and an auto lifetime ban could ruin someones career. I make mistakes at work and sometimes do things I shouldn't and I wouldn't expect that to be the end of my career.

However, there is some evidence now that people who doped continued to see the benefits of that doping years later after they have stopped. As far as I know there is only one study that looked at this so maybe its not cut and dry but without harsher bans people could take a calculated risk, dope massively for a few years, serve your ban and then come back stronger than ever.
hammerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And wasn't one of them GW501516, which during testing rapidly gave Rats cancer. WADA even publically came out and said this will kill you.

iwaters wrote:

Its hard, people do make mistakes and sometimes it genuinely is an honest mistake and an auto lifetime ban could ruin someones career. I make mistakes at work and sometimes do things I shouldn't and I wouldn't expect that to be the end of my career.

Its not hard at all, dope once get a ban as there could be mitigating circumstances and everyone deserves a 2nd chance. Dope twice life ban. Simple, effective. We could even use your work analogy, steal from your company once out ther door never to work again as you are a thief. These people are thieves stealing the livelihoods of honest athletes who cant get a contract.
fat buddha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And wasn't one of them GW501516, which during testing rapidly gave Rats cancer. WADA even publically came out and said this will kill you.

and openly available for sale - http://www.sarmstore1.com/gw-501516-cardarine/ - with comments about it being safe to use. Rolling Eyes

and another issue here - this doper is in his early 40's so having served his 8 year ban (and no doubt consuming more drugs whilst banned) he will still be of an age on his return where he could be beating non-dopers.
iwaters

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:

iwaters wrote:

Its not hard at all, dope once get a ban as there could be mitigating circumstances and everyone deserves a 2nd chance. Dope twice life ban. Simple, effective. We could even use your work analogy, steal from your company once out ther door never to work again as you are a thief. These people are thieves stealing the livelihoods of honest athletes who cant get a contract.

Yes you are correct. I was talking more lifetime ban on first offence. But I agree, 2nd time you are out! This is why there was so much hatred towards Gatlin. Not only is he a cheat, but a double cheat who has blamed other people and never admitted his mistakes.

PS - I never stole anything from work. You aint seen me right
SidSnot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fat buddha wrote:
Quote:

and openly available for sale - http://www.sarmstore1.com/gw-501516-cardarine/ - with comments about it being safe to use. Rolling Eyes

and another issue here - this doper is in his early 40's so having served his 8 year ban (and no doubt consuming more drugs whilst banned) he will still be of an age on his return where he could be beating non-dopers.

That whole website is concerning....how many people are buying from there
fat buddha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SidSnot wrote:
fat buddha wrote:
Quote:

That whole website is concerning....how many people are buying from there

according to their About Us - over 10000 happy customers served! and you've got to love their T&Cs - https://www.sarms1.com/?route=information/information/info&information_id=5

"SARMS1 PRODUCTS ARE INTENDED AS A RESEARCH CHEMICAL ONLY. This designation allows the use of research chemicals strictly for in vitro testing and laboratory experimentation only. Bodily introduction of any kind into humans or animals is strictly forbidden by law."

i.e. we flog it, it's up to you how you decide to use it.

and any site that has no contact details - no phone, no address etc - is always going to be legit, no??

staggering that sites like this continue to exist
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwaters wrote:
doug wrote:

Its hard, people do make mistakes and sometimes it genuinely is an honest mistake and an auto lifetime ban could ruin someones career.

that's the whole point...

there are no honest mistakes in doping...athletes have to start taking responsibility...

doug

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
iwaters wrote:
doug wrote:

Its hard, people do make mistakes and sometimes it genuinely is an honest mistake and an auto lifetime ban could ruin someones career.

there are no honest mistakes in doping...athletes have to start taking responsibility...

I feel there is a world of difference between someone being careless and someone deliberately doping for performance gain. Both should be punished, but the sentences should be different and perhaps the default assumption should be it is deliberate unless shown otherwise.
hammerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwaters wrote:
hammerer wrote:

iwaters wrote:

Yes you are correct. I was talking more lifetime ban on first offence. But I agree, 2nd time you are out! This is why there was so much hatred towards Gatlin. Not only is he a cheat, but a double cheat who has blamed other people and never admitted his mistakes.

PS - I never stole anything from work. You aint seen me right

Laughing i see nothing

Gatlin i do have a small amount of sympathy for but it's why he only got 4 years for 2nd offence and no actual ban for first. The first was little more than an admin cock up when he was still a junior athlete taking ADHD medication. The second was under suspicious circumstances also but he couldn't prove it 100% . Still think hes a cheat, just not in those two "offences"
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doug wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
iwaters wrote:
doug wrote:

I feel there is a world of difference between someone being careless and someone deliberately doping for performance gain. Both should be punished, but the sentences should be different and perhaps the default assumption should be it is deliberate unless shown otherwise.

if someone wants to be careless then choose a career where you can be...we don't accept careless airline pilots, or careless surgeons.... .why accept careless athletes?

SGreg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
doug wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
iwaters wrote:
doug wrote:

if someone wants to be careless then choose a career where you can be...we don't accept careless airline pilots, or careless surgeons.... .why accept careless athletes?

I think that's very na´ve!

To be clear, that's based on your views of airline pilots and surgeons not on doping...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: