Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Cotswolds 113 June 2018

View previous topic :: View next topic  
buzzing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Cotswolds 113 June 2018 Reply with quote

I know, it's early, but I'm all signed up to this as my first half ironman and am hoping, by starting this thread, that I can keep myself focused over the next 10 months...

First step - turbo ordered, should arrive Friday. Any boxset suggestions for me to stave off the boredom?!

If anyone else is doing the event get involved - particularly if it's your first one & you're likely to be propping up the results table... we can keep each other going on the day Very Happy
stenard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great race. Was my first middle distance (albeit the Classic in August) back in 2014.

It's definitely a case of trying to simply raise your steady state sustainable power on the bike. There is the lumpy bit each lap, but its a few minutes of effort at most, so 95% of the time you should be aiming to hold a consistent power that will enable you to have a good run off the bike.
buzzing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent advice Stenard, thanks. It was chosen because of the bike leg particularly - I'm alright on a bike (no where the distance yet but that will come) but I'm rubbish at hills. Will try to get there for a recce before the big day to give me a bit more confidence but knowing it's just a bit of short term pain should help.
stenard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a recce before the 2014 race, but that was simply driving the course the day before in the car. To be honest, it's so flat that there really isn't a huge amount to be gained from a proper recce like some other, more technical courses. That said, if you're nearby, then go for it. I just wouldnt necessarily see a specific trip to the area a particularly valuable use of time.

I did both the 113 and the Classic this year. Almost certain I will do it again at some point in the future too. Enjoy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: