Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Question for any adult males who do Triathlons

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zebra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Question for any adult males who do Triathlons Reply with quote

If your hip circumference is about 38", then could you please tell me your waist circumf?

I'm female but (long boring story) seems I'll need to buy a men's suit to get one that fits. Men's suits seemed to be sold by waist measurement. I really appreciate any numbers folk can offer up. Thanks!
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this becuase you're quite tall for a female, hence going for a male suit? Just asking because otherwise you might find they're too long in the body and quite baggy as a result.

You're in luck as I'm WFH today, and just slung a tape measure around my hips, and they are indeed about 38". I always buy 32" waist kit and trousers and that's my true waist size. However, I thought most tri kit was S/M/L sizing and I normally go large in the tight fitting suits; certainly with Castelli. Some brands I would buy M to get the tighter fit. My Castelli Sanremo suit is L and I'm 181cm tall.
zebra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply.
Yes looks like 32" waist is the ballpark.
I bought a women's size 14 trisuit which is hopelessly too small for my big shoulders, I don't think a 16 in this brand would do the job, either. I am trying to figure out what size to try next. Cycling-mad husband nagging me to get something very snug but it's a triathlon suit so I need arms to feel free for swimming, not constrained into aero-tuck by default! I only dabble in tris, don't want to spend 70 & hours of shopping to get a basic suit.

My shoulders are 40" & my hips measure 36" -- apparently shoulders > hips is unusual for females, we aren't so triangular as men can be.

I AM unusually long in the body, too.

My son is 38" shoulders & 30-32" hips. He could pose as a garden gnome.
Whisk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you thought about going for a 2-piece suit? That way you could go for different sizes (or even brands) top and bottom.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:
Have you thought about going for a 2-piece suit? That way you could go for different sizes (or even brands) top and bottom.

So have you got a shot in a Maserati yet, or what?
SwimsLikeAWalrus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm tall 5'9", female, hips about that. Big shoulders and relatively long bodied.

I've got an Orca one mens MT. Best one I've ever had.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: