Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Anyone do Audax?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamieMcP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
You know, I can't see what's appealing about these out & back routes; where's the sense of adventure riding from London to Edinburgh & back? I'd much rather ride point-to-point or a loop. In the UK, it would have to be in the Highlands; quiet rugged roads, fantastic scenery.

This, I have a bit of a bucket list thing of doing the North Coast 500, camping out most nights.

So many races so little time.
ed_m

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamieMcP wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
You know, I can't see what's appealing about these out & back routes; where's the sense of adventure riding from London to Edinburgh & back? I'd much rather ride point-to-point or a loop. In the UK, it would have to be in the Highlands; quiet rugged roads, fantastic scenery.

This, I have a bit of a bucket list thing of doing the North Coast 500, camping out most nights.

I think out and back is the exception rather than the rule, most mid distance audax's I've done have been a single loop..... LEL and some of the others are that way so as to use the same controls but the route isn't necessarily the same exact road..... not that you'd recognise it 2 days and 2hrs sleep later anyway Wink
Wheezy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed, thanks for the info in your previous post. Very useful. Smile

I'm going to aim to have a go at a 200km event over the autumn at some point and then another one in the spring to start working out kit choices, but will try to keep if pretty light. Just found out that a local club will be organising a series of events over the main distances for PBP qualification so that will make some logistics a bit easier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: