Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Winter Ballbuster 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wheezy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've managed to get injured within days of putting in my entry. My left Achilles and ankle is very sore and has been for a few weeks now. It's getting to the point where I might have to go and actually do something about it rather than just complaining. Rolling Eyes
PhilleusPhogg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:
I've managed to get injured within days of putting in my entry. My left Achilles and ankle is very sore and has been for a few weeks now. It's getting to the point where I might have to go and actually do something about it rather than just complaining. Rolling Eyes

Ouch - yeah definitely go and get it sorted. Hope you can sort it out quickly.
Dave D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more tips here if you want them:

https://berkshiretrisquad.com/23-things-you-need-to-know-for-the-ballbuster-duathlon/
davidwilcock

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone who has done this in years gone by let me know if there are any food/drink stations on the course/at transition or is it DIY
Whisk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidwilcock wrote:
Can anyone who has done this in years gone by let me know if there are any food/drink stations on the course/at transition or is it DIY

I think there's usually a drinks station about halfway round the run loop at the National Trust car park on Headley Common and then again at the end of the loop. From memory, it's just cups of water on a table.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:
davidwilcock wrote:

I think there's usually a drinks station about halfway round the run loop at the National Trust car park on Headley Common and then again at the end of the loop. From memory, it's just cups of water on a table.

It's been a while since i did the race...but i think water is your lot....

I usually want hot soup...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
davidwilcock

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's all fine with me, just seeing what I should take.

Hot soup is a great idea. I'll definitely be sticking a flask in the car now you've said that, cheers.
FatPom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't made my mind up about this yet but if you were driving to this, how does it work, get there really early and park up Box Hill or park somewhere else and ride to the start? Seems like parking is a bit of a mare Confused
Whisk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
I haven't made my mind up about this yet but if you were driving to this, how does it work, get there really early and park up Box Hill or park somewhere else and ride to the start? Seems like parking is a bit of a mare Confused

If you're parked in the National Trust car park at the top then you are basically parked bumper to bumper and door to door, so you're trapped until the people around you are finished and ready to go. From memory, if you get there early then you're near to the exit.
FatPom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:
FatPom wrote:

If you're parked in the National Trust car park at the top then you are basically parked bumper to bumper and door to door, so you're trapped until the people around you are finished and ready to go. From memory, if you get there early then you're near to the exit.

Cheers. I was thinking it might be easier to ride up but I guess you don't want to be going up there any more than necessary? Very Happy
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you follow the route round, past Transition entrance/National trust, past transition exit you will see some parking on the left, only one car deep. I used to park there, although you will need to be quite early
FatPom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
If you follow the route round, past Transition entrance/National trust, past transition exit you will see some parking on the left, only one car deep. I used to park there, although you will need to be quite early

Cheers Cool
davidwilcock

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weather for Saturday looks pretty miserable. Could end up being a fight against the wet...
PhilleusPhogg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidwilcock wrote:
The weather for Saturday looks pretty miserable. Could end up being a fight against the wet...

Yeah - shame the dry weather will break on Saturday. Did the bike course again last week on the TT bike and it was lovely to be banging round late Oct with dry and debris-free roads.

Personally I'm not so bothered about the rain during the race, same for everyone and it's normally quite pleasant running in the rain. Just makes setting up a bit more miserable though.

Looking forward to it still. Just seen the transition entrance is further round nowadays so sub-3 hour is even more of a yardstick than previously as it's probably added a good few hundred metres onto the runs.

How many TT'ers will be attending?
Wheezy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm out. I was hoping to be able to slowly bimble around but my left foot has been playing up this week, despite me doing very little. I might still come out and register to claim my hoodie and spectate.

I think that's me and any form of running done now. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: