Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
La Marmotte 2018

View previous topic :: View next topic  
patrick.vandenbroeke

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: La Marmotte 2018 Reply with quote

Is it a good idea to ride " La Marmotte " ( cyclo in the French Alpes ), begin july and compete in the IRONMAN Maastricht ? Confused
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like ideal cycling preparation.
mortirolo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had experience of the La Marmotte as my background is road cycling, I would say Marmotte is a big test. The climb from Col de Telepgraph up to top of the Glandon is one of the hardest gruelling climbs possible 30km + averaging over 10% in some sections. I have ridden other brutal climbs like Mortirolo and Monte Bodone whcih are much steeper, but the physological impact of a 30km climb is pure suffering adn survival, the last climb Alpe d'Huez was a breeze after that for me. Having said the above it's like any endurance event did I eat properly, did I have enough fluids, did I train sufficiently.....it's a great sportive, I hear it's very popular now with more riders than ever, the field is a great mix from a very high standard to a lower standard. I would recommend La Marmotte as a tick off the endurance book, such a great event but when I saw riders pulled up on side of the road trying to find energy to finish 5km from the finish line and unable to do so, this is a great test. My time was 7hrs 30mins. I plan to go back...8 years ago now.

Book!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: