Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
That Ben Stokes Video

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: That Ben Stokes Video Reply with quote

Anyone seen it? Only two observations really: it doesn't exactly constitute 'self defence' when you keep pursuing people to clobber them, even when people are trying to calm you down. It wasn't him being attacked in the first place.

I wonder if they'll charge him with anything in the end; I would have thought Affray as a minimum, and ABH if the circumstances allow.

Tit.
awildt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of ex-pro rugby, cricket etc. players that are thinking "thank goodness there were no camera phones in my day".

In my day Wink Rolling Eyes we'd all go out partying with the teams after matches - we knew exactly which clubs they'd go to. Super rugby in South Africa always had the best after parties and the traveling teams made the most of being away from home and only having 1 match a week.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: That Ben Stokes Video Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Anyone seen it? Only two observations really: it doesn't exactly constitute 'self defence' when you keep pursuing people to clobber them, even when people are trying to calm you down. It wasn't him being attacked in the first place.

I wonder if they'll charge him with anything in the end; I would have thought Affray as a minimum, and ABH if the circumstances allow.

Tit.

Did he not have a working front brake?

Deserves a custodial, but will probably get a 200 quid fine

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
SidSnot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: That Ben Stokes Video Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

Tit.

Did he not have a working front brake?

Deserves a custodial, but will probably get a 200 quid fine

I think the front part of his brain wasn't working
JeffB

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only seen a few stills which gave me the impression he was doing the aggression.

It's unlike the media to get excited on this kind of thing if they think there is a chance of blood <sarcasm>, but the same press will then get upset if\when we get walloped in Australia as our better players aren't there.

However, it sounds fairly conclusive and given the size of the bloke I've got no sympathy and hope he gets punished, too many of these high profile people get away with this kind of behaviour.

Although, as mentioned in the modern day of everyone having camera phones and so much CCTV there is not much scope of getting away with as in previous years where it tended to be the word of someone already under the influence!

Jeff
moonmonkey02

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: That Ben Stokes Video Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:

Tit.

If he'd stopped when the guy swinging the bottle backed off then he'd probably be held up as a hero.

By continuing to pursue the bloke until delivering a knockout blow puts him in trouble.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With his swinging technique, I'd advise him against attacking anyone proficient in unarmed combat. I'd also imagine someone who publicly mocks a disabled teenager, isn't too worried about gay rights.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: