Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Winter Cycling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if the Gabba is too warm for me, did seem quite thick when I looked at one on a rare visit to a stockist; it seemed like a more generous fit than the Perfetto too i.e. I was a M in the Gabba, but L in the Perfetto to get the race fit. I'm normally an M in most brands, but L in Castelli.

I think I'm going to go for a Perfetto Convertible, as the prices are really good now online (as low as 109.99).
Hiphophopper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter Cycling Reply with quote

Roscoemck wrote:
What do you guys do during the winter for bike training? Man up and get out there or is it time for the turbo?

Both. Winter is for getting strong. I always try to do my weekend rides outside, unless it is dangerous to do so. My bike week looks something like this at the moment. Hardly any of it is over 85% HR (Just getting back into Tri, so Sprint & occasional Oly next year.)

Tues 1hr+ Turbo (strength & Endurance)
Wed 45min Rollers (light & fast cadence)
Thurs 1hr+ Turbo (strength & power)
Sat 2.5hr with 1hr of hill reps (big gear, LTish HR)
Sun 3-4 hr easy... (Z1 & 2)

TT bike on the turbo, Winter CX bike with mudguards and big fat tyres for outside.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter Cycling Reply with quote

Hiphophopper wrote:
Roscoemck wrote:
What do you guys do during the winter for bike training? Man up and get out there or is it time for the turbo?

Both. Winter is for getting strong. I always try to do my weekend rides outside, unless it is dangerous to do so. My bike week looks something like this at the moment. Hardly any of it is over 85% HR (Just getting back into Tri, so Sprint & occasional Oly next year.)

TT bike on the turbo, Winter CX bike with mudguards and big fat tyres for outside.

How much swim/run do you do on top of that; that's quite a lot of biking.
Hiphophopper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter Cycling Reply with quote

My background is cycling, so this is quite normal...I want to keep it up in case I get fed up with Tris again..!

I also do 3 swims and 3 runs. I also try to get in 2 quality gym sessions unless its been a hard week. I suppose I avg around 15-18hrs per week through the winter. Some may find this a bit high, but I enjoy it and its where I feel happy at. I work from home a lot so have loads of recovery time.

Jorgan wrote:
Hiphopho
pper wrote:
Roscoemck wrote:

How much swim/run do you do on top of that; that's quite a lot of biking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: