Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Bristol gone for 2018... so...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theslingerland

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Bristol gone for 2018... so... Reply with quote

With no Bristol Tri this year, sadly (hopefully it'll be back for 2019) - can anyone suggest a flat, fast closed roads race to replace it? I loved the bike at Bristol and the space - didn't enjoy Cardiff by comparison due to the road surface, crowded ride and constant techy corners (it's not a criticism of the race, we all have preferences...) - Can anyone think of a comparable race to replace it with? Don't mind travelling - I was always lucky with Bristol 20 mins away...
blindcider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Bristol gobe for 2018... so... Reply with quote

Theslingerland wrote:
With no Bristol Tri this year, sadly (hopefully it'll be back for 2019) - can anyone suggest a flat, fast closed roads race to replace it? I loved the bike at Bristol and the space - didn't enjoy Cardiff by comparison due to the road surface, crowded ride and constant techy corners (it's not a criticism of the race, we all have preferences...) - Can anyone think of a comparable race to replace it with? Don't mind travelling - I was always lucky with Bristol 20 mins away...

Is Windsor closed roads? It's supposed to be a good race.

London is closed roads and flat but I really didn't enjoy that one
fat buddha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Bristol gobe for 2018... so... Reply with quote

blindcider wrote:
Theslingerland wrote:

Is Windsor closed roads? It's supposed to be a good race.

London is closed roads and flat but I really didn't enjoy that one

Windsor doesn't use closed roads - the bike course changed this year but still don't think it has closed roads.

Brighton Tri in September has a closed road bike course - OK if you're happy with 8 flat laps up and down the promenade road with dead turns at each end.
SidSnot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No closed roads at Windsor.
I did it this year with the new bike course. I preferred the old one. Going twice up Maidenhead Road made it far too busy with cars and biked IMHO
That's the only sticky bit though. Nice run through town and up the Long Walk
fat buddha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SidSnot wrote:
No closed roads at Windsor.
I did it this year with the new bike course. I preferred the old one. Going twice up Maidenhead Road made it far too busy with cars and biked IMHO
That's the only sticky bit though. Nice run through town and up the Long Walk

hasn't the Draft - sorry Drift - Road now also been cut out?? I guess I could look at the event website but I CBA..... Wink
Theslingerland

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, will look at Brighton - sounds interesting. My assumption is it's a busy bike course though if it's like that..?
Norsemen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey - we have partially closed roads at our event (mostly open though - don't want to missell it.

Flat it ain't but hills add extra value for money no? Smile

www.eastbournetriathlon.com

A news site focussed exclusively on British pro's, elite age groupers and domestic events at the long distance.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Bristol gobe for 2018... so... Reply with quote

Theslingerland wrote:

That must have been the only time the roads in Bristol were clear and fast Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: