Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Triathlon Plus finished
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iainm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
Roscoemck wrote:
Wife bought me a subscription to 220. Still enjoy it every month but that's possibly because I'm fairly new to the sport and it's all still fresh to me.

I'm still working my way through all the old training posts on here Very Happy

You are not a real triathlete until you've cancelled a sub to 220 Wink

Very Happy Very Happy
Roscoemck

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iainm wrote:
hammerer wrote:
Roscoemck wrote:
Wife bought me a subscription to 220. Still enjoy it every month but that's possibly because I'm fairly new to the sport and it's all still fresh to me.

I'm still working my way through all the old training posts on here Very Happy

You are not a real triathlete until you've cancelled a sub to 220 Wink

Very Happy Very Happy

Still not a triathlete as I'm still getting it Wink
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely go on Slowtwitch either now; it's amazing how many STers think that it's the centre of the Tri universe, and that everyone that does a triathlon much have it in their browser favourites Rolling Eyes Very Happy
FatPom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
I rarely go on Slowtwitch either now; it's amazing how many STers think that it's the centre of the Tri universe, and that everyone that does a triathlon much have it in their browser favourites Rolling Eyes Very Happy

Well in terms of online forums, it pretty much is.

Empfield's fragile ego is bigger than a barn door an his hypocrisy is so blatant that even Juncker could take lessons from him.

There is some good stuff there, especially from Kevin Metcalfe and Carl Spackler butyou have to kiss an awful lot of frogs on the site and I still haven't decided if Dave Campbell is the thickest runner on the planet or a 5th dan master troller. Very Happy
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
I still haven't decided if Dave Campbell is the thickest runner on the planet or a 5th dan master troller. Very Happy

Is that H20Fun? I've been on there too long!

But a recent thread posted by the 'ST Concierge' on Hotshots - not only does it seem like an Advertorial, but 'Concierge' ...really? Signs that ST is disapperaing a little up its own rear end.
FatPom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:
I still haven't decided if Dave Campbell is the thickest runner on the planet or a 5th dan master troller. Very Happy

Is that H20Fun? I've been on there too long!

But a recent thread posted by the 'ST Concierge' on Hotshots - not only does it seem like an Advertorial, but 'Concierge' ...really? Signs that ST is disapperaing a little up its own rear end.

They've had the Concierges for a while, I'm not sure what they do . (probably a fancy name for a Mod). They do call for testers now again. One thing that stinks to high heaven is when Empfield puts up a poll and the results don't go the way he wants . (ie, to his favourite mfrs!), he then launches a thread to explain to respondents how they've chosen the 'wrong answer' Rolling Eyes

Yeah, H2O, that's him, also known as Waterboy. They've had some wackjobs on there over the years, Record10Carbon was bat$hite crazy and Swimfan was the master stirrer.

Good times Very Happy
blindcider

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite thing about Slowtwitch is when one of the more ridiculous topics come up and the cycling news forum crackpots gleefully steal it for their "Why Triathletes should not be allowed on bikes" thread.

Slowtwitch posters do seem inordinately obsessed with any possible way of actually avoiding having to train harder to go quicker.
Roscoemck

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They also tend to be obsessed with Lionel
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roscoemck wrote:

They tend to obsess generally. There are some real nuggets in there if you look about, but there's a lot of heat & light created over things that would be outweighed by actually training.
iwaters

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Roscoemck wrote:

They tend to obsess generally. There are some real nuggets in there if you look about, but there's a lot of heat & light created over things that would be outweighed by actually training.

My favorite topics are when people ask about CTL, ATL, PMC and people start spouting poo-poops, the the actual Dr Cooggan comes on and sorts them out. Even funnier when people call them Fitness and Fatigue. For someone who used to consult for peaks aware he doesn't half like to stick the knife into their terms.
FatPom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Coggan was banned for a while, as was Alex Simmons.

Tom A gets on my nerves, fairly knowledgeable guy but his delivery is woeful and his says he must always skew a conversation so that he's 'right' and derails any thread to become yet another multi page snooze fest.
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still go on ST most days, there's enough traffic in a 24hr period to keep me busy while I eat my lunch whereas very little happens here some days.

I agree with the comments re sorting the wheat from the chaff but I've learnt a lot on there, even if it just prompted me to go away and read something in more depth elsewhere.

It does have a high amusement value on occasions with some classic threads, particularly the twitch hunts or potential new manufacturers who really haven't done their homework. (The guy who said he'd get the manufacturer to add an aluminium brake track to his carbon wheels was a particular favourite)

Coggan & Chung can be very cryptic in their answers but I guess they don't want to give too much away for free. There's clearly a big beef between Coggan and Liversedge which boiled over into some unpleasantness a while back including allegations re Coggans past practices and dismissal/law suits.

Just waiting for the Kiley/Pubes stand-off to break down and Pubes reassert himself as it's all a bit polite at the moment.
Tin Pot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mad Pooper thread I thought was a dead cert a few days back.

Now I'm trying to nurse another "I ran a dog over" thread.
Sprint '16 1h17, '14 1h40, '13 2h01
Half Mara '16 2h04, '14 2h07
10 Mile TT '16 00:26:30
Trail 10K '16 54:01 '13 54:46
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaRok2300 wrote:

Just waiting for the Kiley/Pubes stand-off to break down and Pubes reassert himself as it's all a bit polite at the moment.

I expect now he's had a taste of being part of the ST establisment under his real name, he'll go with his ego & stick with Kiley.
iwaters

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaRok2300 wrote:
I still go on ST most days, there's enough traffic in a 24hr period to keep me busy while I eat my lunch whereas very little happens here some days.

I agree with the comments re sorting the wheat from the chaff but I've learnt a lot on there, even if it just prompted me to go away and read something in more depth elsewhere.

It does have a high amusement value on occasions with some classic threads, particularly the twitch hunts or potential new manufacturers who really haven't done their homework. (The guy who said he'd get the manufacturer to add an aluminium brake track to his carbon wheels was a particular favourite)

Coggan & Chung can be very cryptic in their answers but I guess they don't want to give too much away for free. There's clearly a big beef between Coggan and Liversedge which boiled over into some unpleasantness a while back including allegations re Coggans past practices and dismissal/law suits.

Seen the Lance podcast thread? Usually on there anyone gets anywhere near mentioning that they might take something that might banned, e.g. I went to the drs and my T levels were low should I take replacement - and they get vilified for being a cheat.

Lance does a podcast from Kona and they are all having a massive circle jerk over it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: