Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Triathlon Plus finished
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
iainm




Joined: 10 Sep 2005
Posts: 3085
Location: Brighton

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
Roscoemck wrote:
Wife bought me a subscription to 220. Still enjoy it every month but that's possibly because I'm fairly new to the sport and it's all still fresh to me.

I'm still working my way through all the old training posts on here Very Happy


You are not a real triathlete until you've cancelled a sub to 220 Wink


Very Happy Very Happy
_________________
Tri blog | Follow my snowsports blog at Skipedia | Supported by Profeet Custom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Roscoemck




Joined: 10 Aug 2016
Posts: 302
Location: Glasgow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iainm wrote:
hammerer wrote:
Roscoemck wrote:
Wife bought me a subscription to 220. Still enjoy it every month but that's possibly because I'm fairly new to the sport and it's all still fresh to me.

I'm still working my way through all the old training posts on here Very Happy


You are not a real triathlete until you've cancelled a sub to 220 Wink


Very Happy Very Happy


Still not a triathlete as I'm still getting it Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 16414
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely go on Slowtwitch either now; it's amazing how many STers think that it's the centre of the Tri universe, and that everyone that does a triathlon much have it in their browser favourites Rolling Eyes Very Happy
_________________
25 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FatPom




Joined: 26 Dec 2005
Posts: 4918
Location: My happy place

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
I rarely go on Slowtwitch either now; it's amazing how many STers think that it's the centre of the Tri universe, and that everyone that does a triathlon much have it in their browser favourites Rolling Eyes Very Happy


Well in terms of online forums, it pretty much is.

Empfield's fragile ego is bigger than a barn door an his hypocrisy is so blatant that even Juncker could take lessons from him.

There is some good stuff there, especially from Kevin Metcalfe and Carl Spackler butyou have to kiss an awful lot of frogs on the site and I still haven't decided if Dave Campbell is the thickest runner on the planet or a 5th dan master troller. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 16414
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
I still haven't decided if Dave Campbell is the thickest runner on the planet or a 5th dan master troller. Very Happy


Is that H20Fun? I've been on there too long!

But a recent thread posted by the 'ST Concierge' on Hotshots - not only does it seem like an Advertorial, but 'Concierge' ...really? Signs that ST is disapperaing a little up its own rear end.
_________________
25 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FatPom




Joined: 26 Dec 2005
Posts: 4918
Location: My happy place

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:
I still haven't decided if Dave Campbell is the thickest runner on the planet or a 5th dan master troller. Very Happy


Is that H20Fun? I've been on there too long!

But a recent thread posted by the 'ST Concierge' on Hotshots - not only does it seem like an Advertorial, but 'Concierge' ...really? Signs that ST is disapperaing a little up its own rear end.


They've had the Concierges for a while, I'm not sure what they do . (probably a fancy name for a Mod). They do call for testers now again. One thing that stinks to high heaven is when Empfield puts up a poll and the results don't go the way he wants . (ie, to his favourite mfrs!), he then launches a thread to explain to respondents how they've chosen the 'wrong answer' Rolling Eyes

Yeah, H2O, that's him, also known as Waterboy. They've had some wackjobs on there over the years, Record10Carbon was bat$hite crazy and Swimfan was the master stirrer.

Good times Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blindcider




Joined: 12 Sep 2013
Posts: 230

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite thing about Slowtwitch is when one of the more ridiculous topics come up and the cycling news forum crackpots gleefully steal it for their "Why Triathletes should not be allowed on bikes" thread.

Slowtwitch posters do seem inordinately obsessed with any possible way of actually avoiding having to train harder to go quicker.
_________________
2017 Races Green Man Ultra, Conti thunder Run (solo), Dart 10k swim
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roscoemck




Joined: 10 Aug 2016
Posts: 302
Location: Glasgow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They also tend to be obsessed with Lionel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 16414
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roscoemck wrote:
They also tend to be obsessed with Lionel


They tend to obsess generally. There are some real nuggets in there if you look about, but there's a lot of heat & light created over things that would be outweighed by actually training.
_________________
25 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iwaters




Joined: 06 Sep 2016
Posts: 278

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Roscoemck wrote:
They also tend to be obsessed with Lionel


They tend to obsess generally. There are some real nuggets in there if you look about, but there's a lot of heat & light created over things that would be outweighed by actually training.


My favorite topics are when people ask about CTL, ATL, PMC and people start spouting poo-poops, the the actual Dr Cooggan comes on and sorts them out. Even funnier when people call them Fitness and Fatigue. For someone who used to consult for peaks aware he doesn't half like to stick the knife into their terms.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FatPom




Joined: 26 Dec 2005
Posts: 4918
Location: My happy place

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Coggan was banned for a while, as was Alex Simmons.

Tom A gets on my nerves, fairly knowledgeable guy but his delivery is woeful and his says he must always skew a conversation so that he's 'right' and derails any thread to become yet another multi page snooze fest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaRok2300




Joined: 01 May 2014
Posts: 220
Location: Worcester, UK

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still go on ST most days, there's enough traffic in a 24hr period to keep me busy while I eat my lunch whereas very little happens here some days.

I agree with the comments re sorting the wheat from the chaff but I've learnt a lot on there, even if it just prompted me to go away and read something in more depth elsewhere.

It does have a high amusement value on occasions with some classic threads, particularly the twitch hunts or potential new manufacturers who really haven't done their homework. (The guy who said he'd get the manufacturer to add an aluminium brake track to his carbon wheels was a particular favourite)

Coggan & Chung can be very cryptic in their answers but I guess they don't want to give too much away for free. There's clearly a big beef between Coggan and Liversedge which boiled over into some unpleasantness a while back including allegations re Coggans past practices and dismissal/law suits.

Just waiting for the Kiley/Pubes stand-off to break down and Pubes reassert himself as it's all a bit polite at the moment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tin Pot




Joined: 08 Jul 2013
Posts: 2266
Location: Bromley

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mad Pooper thread I thought was a dead cert a few days back.

Now I'm trying to nurse another "I ran a dog over" thread.
_________________
Iron '16 14h30
Half Iron '17 7h39!, 6h28 '16 5h53
Olympic '16 3h18 '15 3h33, '13 3h36
Sprint '16 1h17, '14 1h40, '13 2h01
Half Mara '16 2h04, '14 2h07
10 Mile TT '16 00:26:30
Trail 10K '16 54:01 '13 54:46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 16414
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaRok2300 wrote:

Just waiting for the Kiley/Pubes stand-off to break down and Pubes reassert himself as it's all a bit polite at the moment.


I expect now he's had a taste of being part of the ST establisment under his real name, he'll go with his ego & stick with Kiley.
_________________
25 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iwaters




Joined: 06 Sep 2016
Posts: 278

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaRok2300 wrote:
I still go on ST most days, there's enough traffic in a 24hr period to keep me busy while I eat my lunch whereas very little happens here some days.

I agree with the comments re sorting the wheat from the chaff but I've learnt a lot on there, even if it just prompted me to go away and read something in more depth elsewhere.

It does have a high amusement value on occasions with some classic threads, particularly the twitch hunts or potential new manufacturers who really haven't done their homework. (The guy who said he'd get the manufacturer to add an aluminium brake track to his carbon wheels was a particular favourite)

Coggan & Chung can be very cryptic in their answers but I guess they don't want to give too much away for free. There's clearly a big beef between Coggan and Liversedge which boiled over into some unpleasantness a while back including allegations re Coggans past practices and dismissal/law suits.

Just waiting for the Kiley/Pubes stand-off to break down and Pubes reassert himself as it's all a bit polite at the moment.


Seen the Lance podcast thread? Usually on there anyone gets anywhere near mentioning that they might take something that might banned, e.g. I went to the drs and my T levels were low should I take replacement - and they get vilified for being a cheat.

Lance does a podcast from Kona and they are all having a massive circle jerk over it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
  Share
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum





Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.