Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
A Great Party is in Danger of Becoming a Fanatical Sect
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
I think the Security Service is too busy trying to prevent a great many bad things from happening, .

or are too busy making bad things happen...

Are you reading those american conspiracy websites again Very Happy There was loads flying about after the LV shooting; we are definitely in the age of information overload.
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
I think the Security Service is too busy trying to prevent a great many bad things from happening, to worry about filling a (virtual) cabinet with info about you Sloggers. This is 2017 in the UK, not 1973 in East Germany.
Jorgan I think you misjudge my point here, I don’t mind if they are or aren’t. In fact spooks sort of make me feel safe, though being on top of potential issues. Though I have written about the necessity of balance of powers so that you don’t end up with torturing innocent people or even the Stazi.

After all in various areas I am moving forwards, though finding practical applications for some bits of knowledge or eureka moments is not immediately obvious.

I had a cracking unexpected Eureka moment last week, in a museum of all places re something that I have been working on for decades. Sadly apart from the possibility of writing a book aimed at the conspiracy marketplace I can’t think of that many practical applications of it yet.

Should either:

(1) we ever get to the stage of open trade with people from other planets, or
(2) ufos openly land on the White House lawn so to speak, (though why everyone assumes the White House I have no idea)

Then my Eureka moment could be rather handy for any government or corporation concerned with trade. Though as it is also based on ancient knowledge/lore/legends it isn’t really a breakthrough. Though I now know conceptually one way of taking that specific piece of ancient lore and possibly making it a reality, given the right conditions, time, money and access to the right resources.

Btw, for any here involved with perhaps predominately French Masonry, check your North Chair. Have you noticed any changes recently? (Awaiting Ejc s quip)Wink
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
I think the Security Service is too busy trying to prevent a great many bad things from happening, .

Are you reading those american conspiracy websites again Very Happy There was loads flying about after the LV shooting; we are definitely in the age of information overload.

sadly you don't need to even be aware of any conspiracy theory, the UK's own fek ups are far too ever present...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

sadly you don't need to even be aware of any conspiracy theory, the UK's own fek ups are far too ever present...
conspiracy theories can be fun though, useful for philosophical thinking. Even if they are nonsense.

Jorgan, re information overload, that is one area where, take a deep breath, ‘feeling energy threads’ can help. Or in plain English ‘gut feeling’. Just learn to follow the threads and see where they take you.

Ejc, the UKs fek ups are mostly to do with a combination of (1) too much secrecy ...it can stifle innovation, and divert governments (2) power politics and related fire fighting, (3) egos and being afraid to correct errors, through fear of losing job etc, and so on.

A decade plus ago I simply could not see how Britain could reinvigorate itself. But times are changing and as long as people work hard to rebalance the darkness (egos, lies, fear, etc) we could do rather well and have far fewer fek ups in the future. But it isn’t going to happen until politicians stop playing politics and start inspiring the hearts of the people, backed up by wise policies that, as far as possible, heal rather than divide the people. We must move past the ‘them and us’, ‘hard working decent people v presumably indecent people who through no fault of their own can’t find work’ etc.

I mean some MPs can’t live of 140 grand a year yet expect others to live of literally zero income for weeks to years just because of a mishap that could happen to anyone.

Wise government, that is transparent and inclusive, would resolve many of our countries fek ups.
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or in very simple terms, the darkness must be rebalanced with light, in the eternal circle.

Tolerance, helpfulness, truth, etc, and stopping creating divisions in society, lying and being difficult.

A bit tricky given the Cameron government did tons to get people divisive, over welfare, immigrants, etc. And then we have Brexit.

And then we have the Economist saying:-

“A great party is in danger of becoming a fanatical sect”

I would argue it is about 7 years too late with that realisation.
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“The Conservatives can never again win a strong majority while the party is “so tarnished and so misrepresented”, a former minister has said, calling for the party to undergo a radical rebranding.

Robert Halfon, the MP for Harlow“
sorry don’t know how to link to Guardian app articles.

Rebranding is only part of the issue, the Conservative Party also needs to touch the hearts of the people again.

Cameron did it in his very early days, then things went South.

Instead we seem to have internal wars over Brexit and leadership and now welfare.

That is no way to run a country.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current gov had a hospital pass...that they are making a mess of it isn't in dispute. That the mess would be worse if the opposition were in power probably isn't in dispute either. That the guardian are negative toward the Tories really isn't worthy of a link. That MPs generally get paid more than others are granted probably makes sense.

Not sure I want our politicians to do anything but politics

SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:

Not sure I want our politicians to do anything but politics
Rather than play political games I would prefer our government to errr um.....govern....wisely....fairly to all...

Not just words and slogans (May) nor setting one citizen against another (Cameron) or seeking power etc (take your pick) but leading with wisdom, bringing the country together etc.

Substance over form. There is too much focus on form (looking like you are doing the right thing) over substance (actually doing the right thing).
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very easy to moan, what we don't hear too much of are solutions (with substance)...

jibberjim

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
very easy to moan, what we don't hear too much of are solutions (with substance)...

substance abuse may seem like a solution, but really, it just gives a short term fix, please don't.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
explorerJC wrote:

substance abuse may seem like a solution, but really, it just gives a short term fix, please don't.

i am not completely glued to the idea...

SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a sticky situation that is for sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: