Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Fat Club
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mungo




Joined: 29 Sep 2016
Posts: 209
Location: Preston

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosey
We're the same size...ish
I actually produce more power and swim better at 74kg.
However ideal racing weight is probably 71 ish obviously due to the run, power to weight ratio and fitting in my wet suit!

Your hardly a porker.

As somebody else said around Xmas is probably the heaviest time of year I will aim to stay south of 75 kg and the weight will fall off naturally with longer harder sessions and a sensible diet in the new year.
_________________
Keep Triing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roscoemck




Joined: 10 Aug 2016
Posts: 297
Location: Glasgow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
don't associate weight with fitness...


I hear what you're saying. The reason for setting that goal is that I felt fitter at that weight, looked better(in my mind) and felt better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 14791
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roscoemck wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
don't associate weight with fitness...


I hear what you're saying. The reason for setting that goal is that I felt fitter at that weight, looked better(in my mind) and felt better.


so, target the fitness and the things you need to do to accomplish that...your body mass will take care of itself...
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jibberjim




Joined: 15 Aug 2008
Posts: 8091
Location: Kingston

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
so, target the fitness and the things you need to do to accomplish that...your body mass will take care of itself...


Don't really agree with this, just targetting fitness I would always be a few kg above what I could be racing at the very same fitness.

Maryka, can reliably train her 5 minute power likely to its max from training, but it's a lot better if she's 52kg not 54kg, and that weight result is certainly only achieveable with diet variations.
_________________
Jibbering Sports Stuff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 14791
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
so, target the fitness and the things you need to do to accomplish that...your body mass will take care of itself...


Don't really agree with this, just targetting fitness I would always be a few kg above what I could be racing at the very same fitness.

Maryka, can reliably train her 5 minute power likely to its max from training, but it's a lot better if she's 52kg not 54kg, and that weight result is certainly only achieveable with diet variations.


in bold for clarity...
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Roscoemck




Joined: 10 Aug 2016
Posts: 297
Location: Glasgow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
jibberjim wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
so, target the fitness and the things you need to do to accomplish that...your body mass will take care of itself...


Don't really agree with this, just targetting fitness I would always be a few kg above what I could be racing at the very same fitness.

Maryka, can reliably train her 5 minute power likely to its max from training, but it's a lot better if she's 52kg not 54kg, and that weight result is certainly only achieveable with diet variations.


in bold for clarity...


Got it, makes sense. Fuel properly, train well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CeliaAdrianne




Joined: 10 Dec 2017
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: new to tri Reply with quote

HI,

I just began a weight loss journey - 21 lbs down (about 40 more to go)

no longer sticking to a very low kcal diet so i will need to exercise enough to help me lose

last time i tried this the exercise just made me hungry and i didn't lose an lb in 5 yrs of running ( !!!!!! )


however.....
got a while to focus only on physio and swimming because of an ankle sprain

43, f
_________________
Last One Running
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 14791
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: new to tri Reply with quote

CeliaAdrianne wrote:
HI,

I just began a weight loss journey - 21 lbs down (about 40 more to go)

no longer sticking to a very low kcal diet so i will need to exercise enough to help me lose

last time i tried this the exercise just made me hungry and i didn't lose an lb in 5 yrs of running ( !!!!!! )


however.....
got a while to focus only on physio and swimming because of an ankle sprain

43, f


Good luck
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CeliaAdrianne




Joined: 10 Dec 2017
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Ta Reply with quote

Thanks explorer
not had added sugar for a month so it will be possible if i stay away from that
_________________
Last One Running
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Davem




Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 6073
Location: Out of retirement...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

height 6ft (1.83)

weight - 13st5 (85KG)

was down as low as 11st5, 72.2KG when racing looooong stupid races a few years ago.

On the comeback trail. Now cut out alcohol. Reduced my sugar intake and now started swim / bike training (running is slowly getting there after an achilles injury)

Target - 13st by 31/12 then 12st 7 by Easter.
_________________
........................._<0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tin Pot




Joined: 08 Jul 2013
Posts: 2265
Location: Bromley

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

172cm
86.3kg

No training in the foreseeable, just DIY and the associated injuries :
_________________
Iron '16 14h30
Half Iron '17 7h39!, 6h28 '16 5h53
Olympic '16 3h18 '15 3h33, '13 3h36
Sprint '16 1h17, '14 1h40, '13 2h01
Half Mara '16 2h04, '14 2h07
10 Mile TT '16 00:26:30
Trail 10K '16 54:01 '13 54:46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51
Page 51 of 51
  Share
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum





Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.