Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The Fastest 10 mile time trial thread 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jibberjim

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
Not a '10' but I went 28.39 at Thruxton today. Pretty happy but not stellar at all.

Not bad at all.

Another pretty poor hill climb today in terms of watts, but somehow managed fastest 40-44 vet male (a 45-49 vet male beat me and of course a 40-45 vet female, so 3rd vet overall) so 60 quid one, and my race year goes with 25quid entry fees, 60quid winnings, and this year, no kit or anything bought given how little I've done, so with that sort of return on investment, I'm considering a new career!
FatPom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
FatPom wrote:
Not a '10' but I went 28.39 at Thruxton today. Pretty happy but not stellar at all.

Not bad at all.

Another pretty poor hill climb today in terms of watts, but somehow managed fastest 40-44 vet male (a 45-49 vet male beat me and of course a 40-45 vet female, so 3rd vet overall) so 60 quid one, and my race year goes with 25quid entry fees, 60quid winnings, and this year, no kit or anything bought given how little I've done, so with that sort of return on investment, I'm considering a new career!

Nice work Jim Cool

I remember when I won my first race in Oz, I think way back then it was $10 for a win. I do remember I spent more than I won on a late breakfast because I was famished after the race, so no ROI for me Very Happy
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

60 is a good win!

Always amuses when you pay 8.50 to enter, win 10 and spend your 'profit' on the donations for post race cake...
jibberjim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
60 is a good win!

Always amuses when you pay 8.50 to enter, win 10 and spend your 'profit' on the donations for post race cake...

Hill Climbing has surprisingly good prize lists compared with other cycling events, not sure why. Unfortunately though, this time all my winnings, and some of Maryka's went on buying my sisters, and mum and their families lunch.
FatPom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
TRO Saracen wrote:
60 is a good win!

Hill Climbing has surprisingly good prize lists compared with other cycling events, not sure why. Unfortunately though, this time all my winnings, and some of Maryka's went on buying my sisters, and mum and their families lunch.

Overheads come with being a pro mate, perhaps you could claim the tax? Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: