Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
GYM training programes for ironman/triathlon. please help
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blindcider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B00641103 wrote:

I work 6 days a week, so from now straight through to febuary, I leave for work in the dark and drive home in the dark.

Is it not possible to commute by bike for at least some of those days? One of the most time effective ways of training as you are utilising wasted journey time.

I'd go absolutely nuts if I had to train inside all the time. I love the fact that running takes me out away from everything. I understand running/cycling up very rural narrow dark roads is not always a good idea though.

No reason if you are set on it though that your training plan would be materially different to training outdoors and for all the downsides does have some positives: Sessions are easier to manage in terms of pace/intensity compared to outdoors off GPS, brick sessions are far easier if you can jump straight from bike to dreadmill and can help mental strength.

If you can though I would at least run outdoors, are you close enough to join a local running group?
Tin Pot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGreg wrote:
Have a look at trainerroad.com.

It's not free but the plans for Ironman include running and swimming as well as indoor bike workouts.

runs are times based so runs could be done on the treadmill.

They are block based so will have ramps to big weeks then a rest week, it's all really very good. I use these plans but running out doors and my long bikes are outdoors once the weather improves, but they don't have to be.

did IM Wales in 12:42 this year in the most horrendous conditions so they can't be too awful!

As long as you are planning some outdoor training in the spring you shouldn't have a big issue.

assuming you get to a pool sometime soon.

Did you hear the recent podcast? AG Winner at Bolton KQ'd using the TrainerRoad full distance mid volume plan.

Then broke his collar bone in Kona a couple of days before the race...
Sprint '16 1h17, '14 1h40, '13 2h01
Half Mara '16 2h04, '14 2h07
10 Mile TT '16 00:26:30
Trail 10K '16 54:01 '13 54:46
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: