Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
China v Britain like Scotland v England
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrahamO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
I am willing to stake my reputation .

You clearly misunderstand what your reputation is Very Happy

SloggingScotsman wrote:
The last polls I looked at showed Corbyn being more highly rated than May.

Thats not the same as Tories voting for Corbyn

Once the difficult Brexit issues are sorted to the best possible extent, which may not be good, May will leave, someone better will take over with a clean slate and Corbyn will still have done zilch, will still have a Marxist for a mate and will still support terrorists.

Corbyn is the 'anyone but May' vote and by the time the next vote comes along May wont be the option.
Gus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking that the no-deal exit is the best option after seeing the way the EU are treating this.

As long as it's decided QUICKLY! As always, uncertainty is the killer so they really need to get their effing fingers out of their effing backsides and make some firm decisions.

Everyone can then plan on WTO and we can then negotiate a better deal at our leisure if they ever want to do so.

As Matt refers above - absolute worst solution is the fudged deal, neither in nor out - where everyone's unhappy and this country then unceremoniously goes down the pan.

EJC - your point above - I totally agree but, our biggest problem, is that we've been sucking on the EU teat for so long our civil service have forgotten (or are too young) to remember that we were quite capable of making grown-up decisions ourselves.

We've become like a middle-aged man who moved back in with his parents. Got so used to being 'looked after' that he never wants to move out again because he's scared of how to look after himself. Of course he is, but it just takes balls to make the big decision and get on with it.

My 15 minutes of fame
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus

What will be will be.

The rich will make money out of it either way!

GrahamO

Wink

I am just a bloke who from some perspectives can be viewed as a failure, yet in others I have proven that I have touched hearts globally and been honoured for it. For me I am just bumbling and stumbling my way through life Shocked

Re Brexit though, if we do actually properly leave I will be gobsmacked. I am just waiting for May to declare that we have legally left, but we are still paying the bills, abiding by the regulations, and being subject to European law (even if technically not). The EU will be laughing their heads off at that solution as we are effectively in, but they don’t have to put up with our constant whinging for special treatment.

But if I were at the bookies I would still have my money on us not leaving. The only thing that is softening my position is that May really really needs a ‘win’ and a ‘form over substance’ Brexit could give her that (hard brexiters excepted who may be as angry as hell at the fudge), even if it would be lacking ‘fair presentation’. (That’s what happens when you study IAS 18, which I know is about to be replaced).

I still say that we need more straightforward politicians.
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO

Serious question, who do you think could replace May and be electable across the board?

I am struggling.

Re Corbyn doing zilch, name one Tory MP who could get Glastonbury crowds singing their name in expectation?

He also succeeded through all of the dark arts and character assassinations in the press.

Like his politics or not his ability to break through is evident.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
GrahamO

Serious question, who do you think could replace May and be electable across the board?

Until he turned out to be honest, Rees-Smugg

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
GrahamO

Re Corbyn doing zilch, name one Tory MP who could get Glastonbury crowds singing their name in expectation?

He also succeeded through all of the dark arts and character assassinations in the press.

Like his politics or not his ability to break through is evident.

When would you ever want a Tory MP being fawned over at Glastobury?

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: