Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
IM Kalmar Query

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rfb1872

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: IM Kalmar Query Reply with quote

Good Afternoon everybody. I've signed up to do my first full distance IM in Kalmar, Sweden next year. I've looked at booking accommodation in Kalmar itself but cannot find anything left. I'm resigned to getting an AirBnB outside of Kalmar, but before I do can someone confirm if it's possible to actually drive into the town and park there on the day? I only ask because I did IM70.3 Edinburgh this year, and I'm sure there was no parking at the start line, we were all taken by bus. As Kalmar start / finish are all in the town, presumably it's possible to drive and park in town on the morning and walk to the start line, then pick up the car at the end of the day?

Would be grateful if someone could confirm!
Iaincognito

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check with Nirvana, they book ALL the hotels.
The other option is the campsite.
snowie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you will be able to park on the train station side of town (if you can find a space). the town will be very very busy, book your accomodaton on the smedby,rinkabyholm side of kalmar.

bear in mind 20% of people entering will cancel rooms etc so places will come available, get yourself on the waiting list at hotels & keep emailing them.

its a great race with fantastic support
snowie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your travelling from the uk,you may want to look at flying into copenhagen, then catching the train to kalmar.
Its a simple easy,stress freely trip to do plus you can spend time in copenhagen.
Petrol is not cheap but the train is reliable,clean & inexpensive.
Go first class
Surprised
rfb1872

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses guys. I've bitten the bullet and booked accommodation through Nirvana. Extortionate!
stenard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I've said on a different thread, in my toss up between Kalmar and Copenhagen, it was the accommodation cost that swung it. Heard great things about Kalmar though from a club member that did it, so sure you will have a great time!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: