Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Winter Ballbuster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidwilcock

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the best plan for keeping your stuff/trainers dry in transition? Bin bags? I was contemplating one of those plastic boxes but not sure if they are considered too bulky?
Jonathlon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to pull out of this due to being in a car accident on Thursday morning.

Does anyone know of any similar events? All the winter duathlons I've seen are really short, not found anything like this event anywhere.

Thanks

Jon
davidwilcock

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get on the mend soon. I'm not sure of anything similar but that's not to say it doesn't exist.

The recent itself was well organised this year I thought. Transition turned into a mud bath though. I was suprised to see a few small packs drafting round the course, especially while wearing club kit. Other than that a great race that's a bit different to the standard affair. Not in a rush to go to round box hill in a while now.
Race1+

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than start another 2018 thread.

Who else is in?

Never done it before, looks a decent challenge and I need something to focus on whilst upping my run speed. So this seemed a good idea! Shocked
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race1+ wrote:
Rather than start another 2018 thread.

Fear not, I've removed the year on both threads Smile
FatPom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've looked at this before but the logistics look like a pain if you are driving to the event. Having a duathlon and 'other' focus next year, so will be interested to hear where to park etc.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't this basically a total runners' race i.e. 8/24/8 miles?
jibberjim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:

You do need to be able to avoid crashing on a pretty sketchy descent around a load of triathletes.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

You do need to be able to avoid crashing on a pretty sketchy descent around a load of triathletes.

Disc brakes Very Happy
PhilleusPhogg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
I've looked at this before but the logistics look like a pain if you are driving to the event. Having a duathlon and 'other' focus next year, so will be interested to hear where to park etc.

It's pretty straightforward logistically, since the main car park is right next to transition and the start/finish at the top of Box Hill, you just need to be prepared to wait around a while after to get out depending where they park you. Last year it was about 90 mins wait to get out (although I was quite an early finisher (had to get that in !!).

If you need to get away quickly you could park at the bottom and cycle up to transition as a warm up. Alternatively there are car parks half way along the plateau which are a 10-15 min flattish ride round to the start area/registration.
jibberjim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:

Stepping stones car park, then it's just a short 1km walk to transition Twisted Evil
FatPom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks both, seems straight forward. I thought I read last year about having to get there stupid early for a park?

Looks good though, I'll give it some thought after Wales.
Whisk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
Thanks both, seems straight forward. I thought I read last year about having to get there stupid early for a park?

They stack you bumper to bumper in the car park, so if you get there early then you probably are closer to the exit. Unless you are planning on doing it in less than 3 hours and need to be somewhere else for lunch then I don't think that's an issue for most people Wink

I'm strangely tempted to make a return to this one (I think I've done it 5 times). My memory of the pain and suffering is obviously receding Rolling Eyes Wink
FatPom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:
FatPom wrote:

They stack you bumper to bumper in the car park, so if you get there early then you probably are closer to the exit. Unless you are planning on doing it in less than 3 hours and need to be somewhere else for lunch then I don't think that's an issue for most people Wink

I'm strangely tempted to make a return to this one (I think I've done it 5 times). My memory of the pain and suffering is obviously receding Rolling Eyes Wink

Cheers mate. Can't be any worse that an Alpine TT followed by Semnoz, can it Confused Very Happy
Race1+

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

I'm not Sagan, but to me the sketchy decent near there is Pebble Hill Road. Which is horrible if its raining!

(The one that goes down towards Betchworth Train Station from the bottom of Box Hill. )

I dunno if its because Ive ridden over and round BH hundreds of times in my life, but I don't view it as tricky generally. You need to be awake, but most people are fine Confused

Whisk wrote:

They stack you bumper to bumper in the car park...

How am I going to get the bike in or out of the car if I cant get the bloody tailgate up? Stand on the bonnet of the car behind? Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: