Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Anyone ever taken a road bike to Australia ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrahamO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Anyone ever taken a road bike to Australia ? Reply with quote

When I've been to Australia before, they were paranoid about shoes and boots checking that rucksacks etc were not carrying any soil, debris or vegetable matter.

Has anyone travelled to Australia and taken their bike in a bike box and knows what they do bikes on arrival ?
explorerJC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They didn't check my bike afaik

NZ were far more keen to check my run shoes, kayak kit etc..

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
FatPom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone ever taken a road bike to Australia ? Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:
When I've been to Australia before, they were paranoid about shoes and boots checking that rucksacks etc were not carrying any soil, debris or vegetable matter.

Has anyone travelled to Australia and taken their bike in a bike box and knows what they do bikes on arrival ?

Yeah 'once or twice' Very Happy Wink

Needs to be clean, clean, clean. They will usually ask if its a mtb or road bike. I've had mine go through scanning a couple of times and just asked to pop the lid of the case at others. The more stuff you have crammed in there, the longer it will take.

Other times I've breezed straight through. A lot will depend on where you are flying from and where you stopped over.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: