Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Bala bites the dust.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

done both standard & half a number of times

Both great events VFM and well run

seems a bit of a strange move as both seem well supported both by locals & athletes

heyho onwards and upwards
Doonhamer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to various reasons Wrecsam Tri passed the Bala events over to another organisation a couple of years ago. As part of the handover Wrecsam Tri have been continuing to provide the backbone of helpers. It is this organisation which has decided that it is not worth their time running the events.

On a personal note I'm disappointed as my family & I have been helping at most events for the whole weekend since 2008. I raced the Middle once, but never the Standard.
Oranj

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a shame. I've got three towels from Bala middle, the first when I won my AG. The swim was always much too cold for me, but the hilly bike leg and tough run made up for it.
SwimsLikeAWalrus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
hammerer wrote:
The independents are slowly losing out and we'll be left with 250 half's full of the sort of people on the ironman journey group with their tattoos and complaints about the race goody bags.

That's rich; I get notifications every time you post on the IMJ group Wink I haven't been on there for ages, because as you say, it's full of self aggrandising muppets going on about their tattoos, and massively over using words like epic & legend.

I'm in the Ironman Wales Journey group too and I strikes me the more vocal they are, the more likely they are to DNF.

There was one bloke this year who was possibly the most attention seeking individual ever (' I did my first OW swim today on the IMW course in 1 05, I was soooo suprised'...). He never stopped going on. I blocked him in the end, he was so irritating and only publicising himself. Race day came and went, and then an 'I'm so glad I DNFd, I wouldn't change anything for the world' blog thing came up. A total nob.

I left IMJ after someone told a whole load of lies about an event I' d been at....

Bala Standard and Middle events are both a loss to the calendar.
Pebble 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwimsLikeAWalrus wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
hammerer wrote:
The independents are slowly losing out and we'll be left with 250 half's full of the sort of people on the ironman journey group with their tattoos and complaints about the race goody bags.

That's rich; I get notifications every time you post on the IMJ group Wink I haven't been on there for ages, because as you say, it's full of self aggrandising muppets going on about their tattoos, and massively over using words like epic & legend.

I'm in the Ironman Wales Journey group too and I strikes me the more vocal they are, the more likely they are to DNF.

There was one bloke this year who was possibly the most attention seeking individual ever (' I did my first OW swim today on the IMW course in 1 05, I was soooo suprised'...). He never stopped going on. I blocked him in the end, he was so irritating and only publicising himself. Race day came and went, and then an 'I'm so glad I DNFd, I wouldn't change anything for the world' blog thing came up. A total nob.

I left IMJ after someone told a whole load of lies about an event I' d been at....

Bala Standard and Middle events are both a loss to the calendar.

I think he's a member of my club Smile
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pebble 2 wrote:

I think he's a member of my club Smile

I'm sure he's the most top geezer you know Very Happy
Toyota_Crown

Location: Lincoln / Scarborough (Algerino-Land) / Fircombe-on-Sea. sandbagging for daveM

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big shame, I did the half 3 times, back in the day. Hope it gets resurrected.
There's always UltraMan Wales UMUK / Racing Quest, or whatever it's called now, if its still on, if anyone is desperate to sw1m 10km in Lake Bala Shocked , admittedly when's its warmer (Aug 30)
http://www.racingquest.co.uk/
88IM+11DIM+D+3Q+3T=144IM
UKIMGrandSlam04-17
NoTriBri

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooo! Might be something in the pipeline via Welsh Triathlon and Swim Wales together Very Happy

From Bala Triathlon FB page

The middle distance triathlon as you know it will not be held in 2018. We have been approached by Welsh Triathlon and are currently in discussions with them concerning the Welsh Super Series and a weekend festival of sport, which would include the Bala Standard Distance Triathlon. A number of issues still need to be discussed and addressed to enable the weekend to happen.

I have herd that it may involve a Welsh Tri club relay event & the Swim Wales Open Water Champs.

Y Fenni Tri Club Abergavenny.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: