Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Heard of HCG diet?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lovelytrees

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Heard of HCG diet? Reply with quote

I've been struggling with high cholesterol for the past year, and I've encouraged myself to always train. However, I noticed I haven't been losing weight despite my training and I figured it could be my diet, which as the doctor has prescribed, has given me much opportunity to be a carb hoarder.

Have you heard of the HCG Diet? I've read about it but I do want to hear from those who've experienced it. Thanks.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just eat normally and follow a suitable exercise programme

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Pedro Peru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's seems to be taking some amino acids and human chorionic gonadotropin with only having 500 calories a day. Obviously you'll lose weight but I doubt the amino acids and hCG have much to do with it. I'd go with what eJC said.

Not sure I would be up to much exercise with only 500 calories after more than a couple of days.
Lovelytrees

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I did try eating my normal way while exercising but I didn't lose the weight. You think I'm plateauing? I know mood also affects metabolism and I have not been very cheerful lately. My child and I have been going to pediatric counseling - our third session yesterday - and I still couldn't come to terms with it. This https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/counseling/does-my-child-need-pediatric-counseling/ explains our ordeal.

I asked about HCG diet because I read that it could produce very rapid weight loss. However, side effects like nausea and gastrointestinal problems are possible. So I'm not doing that.

How about juicing?
Tri'ing Swimmer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'd be better to look at how you can adjust your normal way, rather than a whole overhaul looking for a magic fix. The best diet is the one you enjoy and stick to, seeing it as lifestyle rather than an acute "diet". Any of these trendy diets of 500kcal will allow you to lose weight, but unless you want to be stuck having that for rest of your life you'll gain a lot more afterwards. Better to make small gradual changes, something as simple as change of 2 pints beer per week = 3-4kg per year.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovelytrees wrote:
Well, I did try eating my normal way while exercising but I didn't lose the weight. You think I'm plateauing? I know mood also affects metabolism and I have not been very cheerful lately. My child and I have been going to pediatric counseling - our third session yesterday - and I still couldn't come to terms with it. This https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/counseling/does-my-child-need-pediatric-counseling/ explains our ordeal.

I asked about HCG diet because I read that it could produce very rapid weight loss. However, side effects like nausea and gastrointestinal problems are possible. So I'm not doing that.

How about juicing?

i would guess that very rapid weight loss is the last thing your body probably needs right now, unless there are immediate medical risks in which case you she be guided by appropriate medical advice...

juicing reduces the stress your gut needs to operate effectively...all bodily systems need to be stressed to operate effectively...

just eat properly and exercise appropriately...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Munstery

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eat a balanced meal and exercise may be a great help.
ed_m

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate that it's already been said but:
.... rapid weight loss is rarely sustained or sensible.
.... most diets of these kinds "succeed" by restricting your ability to eat calories in whatever form, usually in some unbalanced headline grabbing way (wheat free? low carb? paleo?)
.... yes it's perfectly possible to restrict your calorie intake and have an enjoyable balanced diet of real food

(PS not that calorie counting is the whole picture here either)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: