Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
MacBook options

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kennyOX2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject: MacBook options Reply with quote

I think I will be purchasing a new MacBook. The decision to go with Apple is well justified and Iím confident its the right brand and decision.

Iím undecided what model: my use is simple and not much beyond dome document writing, spreadsheets, Basic presentations and web browsing as well as email. I do need basic Skype ability too. That leaves me at the low end of the price spectrum:
MacBook Air
MacBook
MacBook Pro (entry level)

I lean towards the air based on £ and the number of USB ports over the MacBook. Pro is too Ďadvancedí for my needs I think and so no need to pay extra.

Any advice or experience is appreciated.
Roscoemck

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a MacBook Air, bought a couple of months ago.

Gets used pretty much constantly for work and leisure. You could say we have bought right into the cult of Apple as we've had phones, iPads, watches, iMac etc for years.

Everything just works so seamlessly, no set up issues etc. For what you're looking for, it should be perfect.

We did buy an HP laptop before going for the MacBook. Suffice to say it broke within 2 days and was returned.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

am in a similar situation, needing to replace a 7 year old mac book pro with something a little more recent....

the business already uses a Big Mac (as it is known), iPad pro, a couple of ipads and iPhones...so it makes some sense to keep up the trend.

there is a second hand apple store in the town which, whilst not massively cheaper, provides good quality kit and service and I think i will be heading there after xmas...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
GrahamO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My MBA is about six years old and apart from needing to replace the feet after 5 years, its been rock solid.

One bit of advice - max out on RAM if you can as that always helps performance even with an SSD.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:
My MBA is about six years old and apart from needing to replace the feet after 5 years, its been rock solid.

One bit of advice - max out on RAM if you can as that always helps performance even with an SSD.

noted, thanks...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: