Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Ironman Lanzarote 2018 - TriTalk Reunion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
iwaters




Joined: 06 Sep 2016
Posts: 353

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah, I thought the bike course changes had been put to be bed, but they are back!

Not to sad to see the rough bit taken out though!

Don't know why I am so bothered by them changing the course. Guess its the potential SlowTwitch mentality of people thinking your haven't done the "real" Lanza course!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stivrunning




Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 1204
Location: up north

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwaters wrote:
Gah, I thought the bike course changes had been put to be bed, but they are back!

Not to sad to see the rough bit taken out though!

Don't know why I am so bothered by them changing the course. Guess its the potential SlowTwitch mentality of people thinking your haven't done the "real" Lanza course!


it will be real "wind & heat" and on lanza so it will be real enough
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lloydy75




Joined: 21 Mar 2013
Posts: 109

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stivrunning wrote:
Lloydy75 wrote:
I'm out here now for a sneaky 4 night break, weather perfect!

If you're looking for a pool swim if the sea a bit rough then head to the Barcelo in Costa Teguise, 50m outdoor Olympic pool varying prices during the day with top price of 7.50. Well worth it!

Heard yesterday that the route will be finalised very soon too. A few changes to be had. Instead of looping at El Golfo it will be out and back across the coast, no dropping down to La Santa and the rough road has been taken out to with the longer climb back to Teguise. All to be confirmed.


thanks for update lloydy

does the pool have a website would be interested in visitng it

https://www.barcelo.com/en-gb/hotels/spain/canary-islands/lanzarote/occidental-lanzarote-mar/#services

I heard a whisper only a few minor changes to course,got told more climbing! ( if that's possible )

_________________
IM Lanza 13 15
IM Wales 13 15
IM 70.3 Mallorca 14 16
Cotswold 113 14
Ocean Lava Wales /Lanza 14
IM 70.3 Stafford 15
IM 70.3 Dublin 15 16 17
Challenge Salou 16
The Championship 17
IM Gdynia 17
IM Lanza 70.3 16
IM Weymouth 70.3 17
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stivrunning




Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 1204
Location: up north

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy75 wrote:
Stivrunning wrote:
Lloydy75 wrote:
I'm out here now for a sneaky 4 night break, weather perfect!

If you're looking for a pool swim if the sea a bit rough then head to the Barcelo in Costa Teguise, 50m outdoor Olympic pool varying prices during the day with top price of 7.50. Well worth it!

Heard yesterday that the route will be finalised very soon too. A few changes to be had. Instead of looping at El Golfo it will be out and back across the coast, no dropping down to La Santa and the rough road has been taken out to with the longer climb back to Teguise. All to be confirmed.


thanks for update lloydy

does the pool have a website would be interested in visitng it

https://www.barcelo.com/en-gb/hotels/spain/canary-islands/lanzarote/occidental-lanzarote-mar/#services

I heard a whisper only a few minor changes to course,got told more climbing! ( if that's possible )


thanks for that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ozzie1973




Joined: 31 Jul 2013
Posts: 158
Location: Swindon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entry fee paid... I'm now officially in.
_________________
My body is black and blue... but TrainingPeaks is green, so everything is ok!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ozzie1973




Joined: 31 Jul 2013
Posts: 158
Location: Swindon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I entered a couple of weeks ago, and received my confirmation email, so that's all good.

I'm not yet appearing on the start list - I've emailed the race admin to query it, but no response.

Anyone else not appearing, or is it just me?

I hope everyone is training well....

Ozzie
_________________
My body is black and blue... but TrainingPeaks is green, so everything is ok!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tupperware




Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 46
Location: Swindon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine took a while to appear on the start list.....looked like they only updated on a monthly basis.

Running - Good
Biking - OK
Swimming - Don't ask! Wink

Anybody planning any UK sea swims before heading to Lanza?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stivrunning




Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 1204
Location: up north

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzie1973 wrote:
I entered a couple of weeks ago, and received my confirmation email, so that's all good.

I'm not yet appearing on the start list - I've emailed the race admin to query it, but no response.

Anyone else not appearing, or is it just me?

I hope everyone is training well....

Ozzie


mine not on entered 30th dec, but as mentioned it only updated at certain times
might be a blessing Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iwaters




Joined: 06 Sep 2016
Posts: 353

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tupperware wrote:
Mine took a while to appear on the start list.....looked like they only updated on a monthly basis.

Running - Good
Biking - OK
Swimming - Don't ask! Wink

Anybody planning any UK sea swims before heading to Lanza?


Yeah mine took a time to arrive. Its a static PDF document by the looks of it so someone probably has to export it every so often. High tech, not!

The important ones are ok though! Swimming is the easiest part Smile

I live in MK so nowhere near the sea. I am lucky enough to be going to Lanza on a training camp in March so will get to swim parts of the course a couple of times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ozzie1973




Joined: 31 Jul 2013
Posts: 158
Location: Swindon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iWaters - which training camp are you attending? Is it the Coach Cox one?

I signed up with him back in October, and his plan is amazing. I'm seeing huge improvements in everything.
_________________
My body is black and blue... but TrainingPeaks is green, so everything is ok!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
iwaters




Joined: 06 Sep 2016
Posts: 353

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzie1973 wrote:
iWaters - which training camp are you attending? Is it the Coach Cox one?

I signed up with him back in October, and his plan is amazing. I'm seeing huge improvements in everything.


No, its run by my triathlon club GreenlightPT. We hire Tri Sports Lanzarote for 2 weeks which is great place. Its a massive villa which can take 16 people. 25m pool in the garden, 10 min drive from PDC. They provide all the food and cook everyday.

A couple of people from my club has been on the Cox camp, they both said it was very intense and came back quite knackered from it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
curry




Joined: 08 Nov 2009
Posts: 966
Location: Watford

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not even thought to check until you mention it

I'm not listed yet, but only registered 31 December!

Training has spluttered to a semi-start. Work currently getting in the way Crying or Very sad

Sea swim? May do a double IM and single IM swim at Enduroman 2 weeks before
_________________
If at first u don't succeed - tri again

2016: Enduroman Continuous Triple DNF (61:30 after 2x maras); JOGLE in 12 days

2017: The Oner (DNF); Deca UK ironman (10x1) DNS

2018: IM Lanzarote
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ozzie1973




Joined: 31 Jul 2013
Posts: 158
Location: Swindon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got to be around the house today for family reasons, so I'm just about to jump on the turbo trainer for my 3hr training ride.

My a$$ is gonna be destroyed.

Wish me luck.
_________________
My body is black and blue... but TrainingPeaks is green, so everything is ok!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
iwaters




Joined: 06 Sep 2016
Posts: 353

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzie1973 wrote:
I've got to be around the house today for family reasons, so I'm just about to jump on the turbo trainer for my 3hr training ride.

My a$$ is gonna be destroyed.

Wish me luck.


God, 3 hours on the turbo. I couldn't do that. Had 2.5 hours planned om Saturday, it was cold AF and sleeting/snowing but I still went out rather than be on the turbo that long. 1 hour is my limit
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tupperware




Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 46
Location: Swindon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwaters wrote:
Ozzie1973 wrote:
I've got to be around the house today for family reasons, so I'm just about to jump on the turbo trainer for my 3hr training ride.

My a$$ is gonna be destroyed.

Wish me luck.


God, 3 hours on the turbo. I couldn't do that. Had 2.5 hours planned om Saturday, it was cold AF and sleeting/snowing but I still went out rather than be on the turbo that long. 1 hour is my limit


3 hours on the turbo sounds preferable to my 3 hours of misery on Sunday in the snow/sleet/slush/rain. I'll try and remember being showered in slush by a passing car on my way up Mirador 😉😂
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 15 of 28
  Share
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum





Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.