Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
25 years in tri
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pipkin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great write up fruit thief.
30 years last year for me, like you , lots of happy memories.
My first Tri I finished in the bottom 12% but great fun, it's been a fantastic journey for me over the years, achieving 3 Age Group World Champs podium spots along the way.
My first Iron distance event (The Longest day) 1994, thought the best thing to do training wise was just to get in as many miles as possible in all 3 disciplines,
It worked as it got me home in a little over 11 hours.
Had a couple of spells out with injuries but I still get fired up and raring to go every time I race.
JeffB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffB wrote:
...football and the injuries...

Thanks for your comments & 30 mins is definitely within shouting distance. Have your football injuries been OK with tri?

I'd say probably, just got different ones from running, although I have\currently still got turf toe which I also had while playing football, the other injuries tended to be ligament\cartliage which is less at risk unless you fall over awkwardly. Although the groin issue I've had is fairly similar to the one that generally led to me stopping football.

Jeff
JeffB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, the board software either doesn't like GMT or is wrong, I put my last post at 21:03, it is an hour out.

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:03 pm

Jeff
JeffB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spamming now!

I decided to have a look when I started and found the results of the first race I ever did which was a sprint race in May 2002 put on by the club I joined not long after. I did breast stroke in the pool swim and did the bike on a borrowed MTB.

Runner up by a few seconds was someone called Jack Maitland which is a name I've heard mentioned a few times since Smile

I did a few more that year and bought an Orbea road bike but was usually near the back of the field, they were more of a distraction during the summer until the next football season but I slowly got hooked.

It was probably about 5 years later that I pretty much gave up football.

Said I was never doing an IM, but started working my way up the distances to 70.3 and then ADH, improved my swimming after that and did 9 IM's.

Jeff
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:
Hmm, the board software either doesn't like GMT or is wrong, I put my last post at 21:03, it is an hour out.

Jeff

You're also replying to your own posts, so it could just a senior moment on your behalf Wink
JeffB

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
JeffB wrote:

Jeff

You're also replying to your own posts, so it could just a senior moment on your behalf Wink

Ha, definitely having a few senior moments but the post from Pipkin is what I noticed, he posted at 10PM and I thought it was my bedtime, then realised it was an hour out.

I'll check this one, it's currently 15:40!

Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: