Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
any happy owner of HUUB Archimedes wetsuit?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arthuroo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: any happy owner of HUUB Archimedes wetsuit? Reply with quote

Hi, I consider buying a wetsuit HUUB Archimedes 3:5, size XL. I do not find the size chart explanatory enough, height and weight are not sufficient for my swimmer's body (118cm chest, 96cm waist). HUUB doesn't offer XXL. Will it suit me (upper body, chest and wide shoulders in particular)
Thanks for any advice.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I read the title I thought you were being ironic Arthur. But maybe not Smile
stenard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
When I read the title I thought you were being ironic Arthur. But maybe not Smile

I'm a very happy owner.
Yes it's a little bit fragile, but I only use for racing and it's so comfortable and fast. Not much different from people having "race wheels".

Can't comment on sizing at that XL level really. The only thing I would say is the neoprene is so stretchy, it has a bit of give on the weight side of things. I use ST, which officially is 58-70kg. I'm more 71/72kg, yet it's fine for me. I know that's only slightly outside the stated bracket, but even then it doesnt feel restrictively tight. I'm slap bang in the middle of ST height guidance, so that's the most importance aspect for me.

If its of any help, I'm about 96-100cm chest, 79cm waist. I would have thought XL would be substantially bigger than ST.

Is there anywhere nearby you can try one? There's quite a few places in London that stock Huub suits for example.
arthuroo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Jorgan I'm not being sarcastic. if M&S had been the only shop with clothes, you would have understood the problem. Smile

@ stenard - many thanks for your help. For the last few years i have been using 2XU t2 xxl. I've been "promoted" to higher AG, my fitness level is probably higher than ever before. In result 2xu xxls is to restrictive in chest and quite loose in waist.
I'll shop around. Last resort option is Sleeveless.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arthuroo wrote:
@Jorgan I'm not being sarcastic. if M&S had been the only shop with clothes, you would have understood the problem. Smile

I'm only 43, so obviously buy all my clothes at Superdry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: