Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Brexit - seeing it from the other perspective
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrahamO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
I think Macron may have something to say about that...

Macron, like all French politicians are just that - words and no substance.

France has had a decade or more to get itself of huge unemployment and social problems but shows no sign of achieving anything tangible to solve the French problems.

And just like in the past, when its Germany vs France you can sure which one will fold first.
the_exile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
The_Exile wrote:
mattsurf wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
We certainly lack successful change management experience and the quality of our leaders remains pretty dire...that said, this is pretty consistent across the EU and much of the world from what I can see...all the more reason for not creating monsters that are too big to predict and thus control...

I disagree with your comment about being consistent across EU, the exception is Germany, I think that Germany has a strong leader, even though Angela Merkel is probably getting to the end of her time, and also has strong change management skills, they successfully integrated East and West Germany. I don't really know if it is an issue or not, however, I do feel that Germany will now be completely free to shape the EU is the way that it wants, the leader of Germany will be effectively the head of the EU

Apart from the fact Germany still doesnít have a government and looks like making very limited progress towards getting one.

After we leave though the Germans will control the EU as they will be funding most of it so everyone will be scared to disagree with them.

I think Macron may have something to say about that...

He will say what he wants, but Germanyís net contributions are three times that of France - so how many people listen remains to be seen.
mattsurf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The elephant in the room is that France is bankrupt, probably as bad if not worse than Italy.. and there is an even bigger issue with its pensions obligations. France needs Germany, that is why they will ultimately bow down to whatever Germany wants. I am sure that Germany "lets" France get its own way occasionally, over decisions which don't really matter in the grand scheme of things

I am a big fan of Macron, and thing that he is just what France needs, but I suspect that the French will kick him out whenever he has to make unfavorable decisions
Cobbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Tin Pot wrote:
Umm....so Iím not allowed to factually destroy anyone elseís upbeat opinion?

The only positive thing is that I canít stand those arrogant pricks in Brussels. I hope the whole ~#*$ thing collapses. Is that positive enough?

Smile

If Brexit does turn-out to be a success, and we all have to hope it will, a lot of financial damage is already done; billions wiped of UK shares, currency value, economy has further stagnated, inflation due to the aforementioned.....

But we're not here for that discussion Very Happy

Um, do you ever check the stock market?
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobbie wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
Tin Pot wrote:
Umm....so Iím not allowed to factually destroy anyone elseís upbeat opinion?

The only positive thing is that I canít stand those arrogant pricks in Brussels. I hope the whole ~#*$ thing collapses. Is that positive enough?

Smile

If Brexit does turn-out to be a success, and we all have to hope it will, a lot of financial damage is already done; billions wiped of UK shares, currency value, economy has further stagnated, inflation due to the aforementioned.....

But we're not here for that discussion Very Happy

Um, do you ever check the stock market?

Facts are not required in this particular ideology...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: