Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
New Turbo - Tacx Bushido vs Genius or something else?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cobbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsurf wrote:
I have a Bushido Smart and the software is now very reliable, far better than it was 2 years ago when I first got it

Power meter over reads by around 5-7%
The roller need to be tightened to the top of the correct calibration zone or tyre slips
I have a TACX tyre, but find that an old road tyre works better, with more grip so doesn't slip as much, I do at least 100k per week on the turbo and my old S-Works tyre doesn't show any significant additional wear.

It gives a reasonable feel, however, once gradient (TACX films or Zwift etc) goes above 10% it feels lumpy

I find that integration with Trainer Road is not brilliant, it feels jerky and difficult to get into rythm

Integration with Zwift is really good

Thanks Smile

I think I am leaning towards the Vortex now (to my surprise) since it folds up and is over 100 cheaper. But decision is certainly not finalised and Bushido is a close second.

I might keep my eyes open for deals as we move into spring Smile
mattsurf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would certainly wait to see what deals are around. The Bushido does fold up enough to put into a large holdall style bag. I can fit in the Bushido, mat, towel and front wheel stand and push my bike at the same time when going to Turbo Training sessions with Tri Club.

I have not tried the Vortex, Bushido is not perfect, but is adequate, Vortex may well be almost as good
Cobbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsurf wrote:
I would certainly wait to see what deals are around. The Bushido does fold up enough to put into a large holdall style bag. I can fit in the Bushido, mat, towel and front wheel stand and push my bike at the same time when going to Turbo Training sessions with Tri Club.

I have not tried the Vortex, Bushido is not perfect, but is adequate, Vortex may well be almost as good

Seems to be about 150 more for the Bushido currently. My imagic isn't dead yet so will pause until spring I think as you say Smile

I have a Tacx bag - just did the measurements yesterday and although the footprint is a little different, it should still work Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: