Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Zwift, anyone from TT land on it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 7 days are up, and in spite of a cold/sore throat squeezed in a randon Watopia ride for 1h before it expired. I suppose the hour did pass fairly easily, but I can see those workouts being a bit aimless tbh. I think you either need to do structured Intervals, or a race. I would also think that those using controllable smart trainers are at an advantage compared to those of us using PMs with dumb trainers (or non controllable smart) - as we don't get the same gradient or drafting benefits. I tried to ease off slighly in the race when my avatar sat-up in the draft.

I've got a few months off as a man-of-leisure coming-up, so I might do the Zwift thing for that time, as I'll be able to use it way more during the day; I believe there's no min contract? But I'll have to keep it at intervals or races, and all other riding outside, enjoyed at a sensible pace.

Never managed to work-out the linking Zwift Power to my Zwift accont; linking Strava worked okay. I found my Zwift acct number, which it told me to add to my surname, but then when I tried to link, it then gave me another 4-digit code to add...is that on top of the Zwift code, or just those 4 digits? Also, I think I saw somewhere it wouldn't link to an acct with less than 250km on it Question
hammerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
My 7 days are up, and in spite of a cold/sore throat squeezed in a randon Watopia ride for 1h before it expired. I suppose the hour did pass fairly easily, but I can see those workouts being a bit aimless tbh. I think you either need to do structured Intervals, or a race. I would also think that those using controllable smart trainers are at an advantage compared to those of us using PMs with dumb trainers (or non controllable smart) - as we don't get the same gradient or drafting benefits. I tried to ease off slighly in the race when my avatar sat-up in the draft.

I've got a few months off as a man-of-leisure coming-up, so I might do the Zwift thing for that time, as I'll be able to use it way more during the day; I believe there's no min contract? But I'll have to keep it at intervals or races, and all other riding outside, enjoyed at a sensible pace.

Never managed to work-out the linking Zwift Power to my Zwift accont; linking Strava worked okay. I found my Zwift acct number, which it told me to add to my surname, but then when I tried to link, it then gave me another 4-digit code to add...is that on top of the Zwift code, or just those 4 digits? Also, I think I saw somewhere it wouldn't link to an acct with less than 250km on it Question

there's been a few issues so they had to bring in rules like that to stop cheating (yes there is lots). Did you see T.Pinot (verified account) rode in the C cat the other day. lots of unhappy people even though he finished down the order and was probably on a recovery ride. Some people take their gaming way too seriously.
Buzz_

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My inner geak can definitely see the appeal of Zwift, but I would agree with Jorgan's comments, needs a properly connected trainer and joining in with others for races or sessions. As I use my trainer at indeterminate times the idea of planning a ride at a particular time of day takes away one of the key benefits of "I have an hour, lets get a ride in now". And when I last looked, individual interval sessions were better implemented on other platforms.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: