Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Midlands based Olympic or Sprint distance Tri's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
richy4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Midlands based Olympic or Sprint distance Tri's Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am looking for a few events to do between July and end September.

Wondered if anyone had any suggestions. The ones I have done in the past seem to have stopped for next year.

Thanks
david1273

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's the Daventry triathlon that Rugby triathlon club, that's usually mid September although there is no date on their website for 2018 yet. I've done it for the past couple of years as my end of season race. It's well run and has the advantage of supporting a local club rather than an events company.

There are also some open water ones at Bosworth Water Park, On Your Marks Events run a race day in July but (personal opinion only) I don't think they are as well run as the others there which speedhub do, unfortunately I believe they are running theirs in early June this year so out of your date range (I have in the back of my mind that they might also be doing one in September, could be middle distance only though).

Others I know of are the BRAT and Pitsford races, never done them but people in the club speak highly of those...again could be out of your date range though.
flem

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is the Southam Sprint Tri at the start of September, I'm doing the one at the end of April so can let you know what it's like. It's usually a popular local race
SwimsLikeAWalrus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellesmere has moved from its May date to September now. And run by UKTriathlon or whatever they call themselves. Pretty sure there is a half and oly there now.

Shrewsbury Triathlon - no idea what the distances are but a river swim.

Droitwich - always used to be a nice pool swim, pleasant cycle and pancake flat run.

BRAT one?

Birmingham Triathlon?
fat buddha

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have a look at the Events section of the BTF website - more and more events being added now we're in 2018.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: