Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Nice Problem to have

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Roscoemck




Joined: 10 Aug 2016
Posts: 428
Location: Glasgow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: Nice Problem to have Reply with quote

Guys, I need some ideas.

I got some cash for my birthday. Iíve got a few things that I would like to buy but am left with £150.

Would like to buy something that I can keep as a reminder, something that will last.

No idea what I want! Iíve got all the sport related stuff I need, weíve got a lot of trips and events booked this year. Clothes donít really do it for me.

Decisions decisions![/img]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GrahamO




Joined: 10 Apr 2005
Posts: 10104
Location: United Arab Emirates or an airport

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fountain pen if you write a lot or sign a lot.

Don't go for any of that Mont Blanc tat though. Go for an antique pen.
_________________
Arguing with engineers is like wrestling in mud with a pig - after a while you realise they like it
newMan : I don't know why you think you can address me like that! Don't ever reply directly to any of my posts again please.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 15555
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do it on something educational and/or spiritually uplifting with friends or family. You get to keep the memory
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Chrace




Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Posts: 2781
Location: Eating a Yorkie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a nice watch at both my 30th and 40th. Still got both.
_________________
Where the mind goes the body follows.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roscoemck




Joined: 10 Aug 2016
Posts: 428
Location: Glasgow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad guys.

Son bought me a nice pen for my birthday. Got a very nice watch when my father passed away.

Like the experience idea. Got Ibiza in May, white water rafting in September and looking to book a trip to Paris fo the wifeís 50th this year

You can see my problem here!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tony Stark




Joined: 26 Apr 2007
Posts: 2464
Location: Milton Keynes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some high-end tools will last you a long time and you will never regret getting them.

A 2nd-hand drum kit or electronic drum kit is a good if you have some space.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roscoemck




Joined: 10 Aug 2016
Posts: 428
Location: Glasgow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tools would be great. That would then force me into knowing how to use them!

Drum kit, interesting. Space may be an issue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gingerbongo




Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 1585
Location: Devon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit left field but, depending on the size of your garden (or someone close to you), you could buy a semi mature tree.

When my wife and i went travelling 10 years or so ago, she loved the Frangipane trees in the tropical countries. I found a place in Bristol somewhere that sells them in various states of maturity. Obviously more expensive for more mature ones that take years of care before they can go outside. (I might get her one for our anniversary).

It's living, ever changing, will hopefully out last you and is nice to look at. Maybe a type of tree linked to a particular time or memory with your wife/family?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JamieMcP




Joined: 01 Feb 2006
Posts: 4787
Location: Edinburgh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:
Fountain pen if you write a lot or sign a lot.

Don't go for any of that Mont Blanc tat though. Go for an antique pen.


I was given a Mont Blonc a few years ago and have to say it's my favourite fountain pen to write with
_________________
Blogtastic My Athlinks PageTwitter

So many races so little time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 17242
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years ago my wife bought me a Graf rhodium guilloche pencil; they cost £200 now I see. I never take it to work because I'm afraid I might lose it Rolling Eyes That said, there are are loads of nice things that I have managed to retain over the years, so probably unjustified. I still have the £2.50 mech pencil I bought in the Co-op before I flew to Iraq in 2006 ffs Very Happy

Tools are a good idea; I can highly recommend the Silca set with torque beam; a gift for my birthday last year: https://www.evanscycles.com/silca-t-ratchet-and-torque-kit-EV296061
_________________
26 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roscoemck




Joined: 10 Aug 2016
Posts: 428
Location: Glasgow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerbongo wrote:
A bit left field but, depending on the size of your garden (or someone close to you), you could buy a semi mature tree.

When my wife and i went travelling 10 years or so ago, she loved the Frangipane trees in the tropical countries. I found a place in Bristol somewhere that sells them in various states of maturity. Obviously more expensive for more mature ones that take years of care before they can go outside. (I might get her one for our anniversary).

It's living, ever changing, will hopefully out last you and is nice to look at. Maybe a type of tree linked to a particular time or memory with your wife/family?


Awesome idea
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 15555
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roscoemck wrote:
gingerbongo wrote:
A bit left field but, depending on the size of your garden (or someone close to you), you could buy a semi mature tree.

When my wife and i went travelling 10 years or so ago, she loved the Frangipane trees in the tropical countries. I found a place in Bristol somewhere that sells them in various states of maturity. Obviously more expensive for more mature ones that take years of care before they can go outside. (I might get her one for our anniversary).

It's living, ever changing, will hopefully out last you and is nice to look at. Maybe a type of tree linked to a particular time or memory with your wife/family?


Awesome idea


As a society we grow when we plant trees in whose shade we shall never sit...
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
user134098




Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Posts: 10737

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Nice Problem to have Reply with quote

Roscoemck wrote:

Would like to buy something that I can keep as a reminder, something that will last.

a tattoo of your age
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roscoemck




Joined: 10 Aug 2016
Posts: 428
Location: Glasgow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Nice Problem to have Reply with quote

user134098 wrote:
Roscoemck wrote:

Would like to buy something that I can keep as a reminder, something that will last.

a tattoo of your age


Very good Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Toby_W




Joined: 14 Oct 2005
Posts: 165
Location: Bristol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Campagnolo corkscrew.

Cheers

Toby
_________________
Dancing on the pedals
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
  Share
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum





Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.