Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Ironman Lanzarote 2018 - TriTalk Reunion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated start list available now
Ozzie1973

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update - yep, I appear to be on it, which is good news.

I've been training indoors on the bike for a couple of months, so it was good to get out on the first outdoor ride today. 70 hilly, cold and wet miles. Found it tough, but it gives me a new baseline from which to build. The wind was strangely reminiscent of Lanza, so it's all good prep!

How's everyone else doing?
Tupperware

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cold? It was positively balmy today 😉.

Well done on the 70, sounds good. Was pretty windy for me too...all good training 😀.

Quite alarmed to see the training volume of the people on the Lanzarote 2018 Strava group...20+ (upto 35) hours each week! No way I can shoehorn that into my life on a regular basis.
Foggyone

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the lurgy.

Not optimal.
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

up to 3 hrs on bike
iwaters

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tupperware wrote:

Quite alarmed to see the training volume of the people on the Lanzarote 2018 Strava group...20+ (upto 35) hours each week! No way I can shoehorn that into my life on a regular basis.

I noticed that too. I am usually in the top 10 on my club leader-board, but am down in about 60th on the IM board!
moonmonkey02

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwaters wrote:
Tupperware wrote:

I noticed that too. I am usually in the top 10 on my club leader-board, but am down in about 60th on the IM board!

Having never been into Strava, how can anyone with a normal life/job do 35 hrs in a week? Even if you're single and can do what you want, how can you do 5hrs a day, or with a rest day, 6 hours a day training?

I've heard about some people who work on fixed term contracts (and being between contracts) training full time for an event but a doubt if many full time pros reach 35 hours a week?
Ozzie1973

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked that group. I thought I was doing ok, racking up 11hrs last week, but I'm 45th!

Fair play to anyone who does that much training, they deserve a good time!
Melisa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a serious note, if you are worried about your bike, I've got a villa booked Wednesday - Wednesday, so you're welcome to keep it in the villa if your pushed for space/security.
Braco

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any suggestions for a decent quality hotel in a good location for Lanzarote? Club LaSanta fully booked. Puerto Del Carmen seems convenient for the start/ finish?
iwaters

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braco wrote:
Any suggestions for a decent quality hotel in a good location for Lanzarote? Club LaSanta fully booked. Puerto Del Carmen seems convenient for the start/ finish?

We are staying in PDC. If you stay there you do need to get over to CLS to register but I think there are buses to take people if you don't have a car.

PDC is quite long and thin and some hotels can be 2-3km from the start / finish.

We are staying at the Gloria Izaro hotel which is about 10 mins walk. Its 4* and good value, we have a 2 bed appt for 4 of us, 1099EUR for the week half board. The are loads to pick from, proper 2 bed apartments are slightly harder to find
duckhen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding registration, I have emailed the organiser on previous occasions and organised registration at PDC transition area before bike racking begins which is a huge help and makes a Thursday flight in very doable
Davem

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonmonkey02 wrote:
iwaters wrote:
Tupperware wrote:

Having never been into Strava, how can anyone with a normal life/job do 35 hrs in a week? Even if you're single and can do what you want, how can you do 5hrs a day, or with a rest day, 6 hours a day training?

I've heard about some people who work on fixed term contracts (and being between contracts) training full time for an event but a doubt if many full time pros reach 35 hours a week?

I didn't do 35 a week for the Deca iron... I peaked at 32.. average was circa 22 hours a week and that was a lot with a full time job

And that was occasionally in between contracts
curry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davem wrote:
moonmonkey02 wrote:
iwaters wrote:
Tupperware wrote:

I didn't do 35 a week for the Deca iron... I peaked at 32.. average was circa 22 hours a week and that was a lot with a full time job

Sadly I've only just about cleared 3.5 a week this past month!! Gonna be a struggle for me in Lanza - wots new

2016: Enduroman Continuous Triple DNF (61:30 after 2x maras); JOGLE in 12 days

2017: The Oner (DNF); Deca UK ironman (10x1) DNS

2018: IM Lanzarote (DNS)
moonmonkey02

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curry wrote:
Davem wrote:
moonmonkey02 wrote:
iwaters wrote:
Tupperware wrote:

Sadly I've only just about cleared 3.5 a week this past month!! Gonna be a struggle for me in Lanza - wots new

Got to admire the spirit of the completely under prepared Brit!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 16 of 38

Jump to: