Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Congrats! You're Going to Kona!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moonmonkey02

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pebble 2 wrote:
One of them is a mate of mine, and we were on a ski lift in Austria when the email came through.
He's going and I don't blame him, all this crap about not going because you haven't earned lol. Very Happy

Good luck to him!
chickenboy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

surely you can do Kona on zwift by now Very Happy
crumpy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonmonkey02 wrote:
Pebble 2 wrote:
One of them is a mate of mine, and we were on a ski lift in Austria when the email came through.
He's going and I don't blame him, all this crap about not going because you haven't earned lol. Very Happy

Good luck to him!

Definitely. When I was over there, bumped into a lottery winner and the guy was a true warrior who loved triathlon. I think it is totally right that a few non qualifiers get an opportunity to experience the race week and lap up what is a triathlon festival. Each of us have our own stories and we should respect the fact that our sport is based on inclusivity.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crumpy wrote:
moonmonkey02 wrote:
Pebble 2 wrote:

Good luck to him!

Definitely. When I was over there, bumped into a lottery winner and the guy was a true warrior who loved triathlon. I think it is totally right that a few non qualifiers get an opportunity to experience the race week and lap up what is a triathlon festival. Each of us have our own stories and we should respect the fact that our sport is based on inclusivity.

The sport may claim to be inclusive but it is far more exclusive than it would care to admit...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
awildt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
crumpy wrote:
moonmonkey02 wrote:
Pebble 2 wrote:

Good luck to him!

The sport may claim to be inclusive but it is far more exclusive than it would care to admit...

Couldn't agree more...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: