Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Mark Cavendish no having a great session so far

View previous topic :: View next topic  
newMan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject: Mark Cavendish no having a great session so far Reply with quote

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cavendish-suffers-brutal-crash-in-milan-san-remo/

Unfortunately seems to be coming off his bike quite a bit these days? 3 time this year? It would be great to see him get one big victory before riding off into the sunset.
tommy060289

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do it three times in such a short space of time is really bad luck or bad decision making/carelessness?

I know its easy to say but some people make their own luck and sometimes gambles pay off sometimes they don't.
stenard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's harsh to factor in the one where the commissionaires car auto-braked due to an automated braking system being switched on, and a number of riders ploughing into the back of it, Cav being one of a few.

That puts aside how a safe automated braking system of any kind would consider slamming the brakes on when an object is considered too close behind to be an appropriate course of action!
Doonhamer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never realised you were Scottish before newMan.
Pedro Peru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did read some talk of whether a previous concussion is affecting him. It's known in football and rugby that having had a previous concussion increases the probability of future injury. His choice to hop across that island did seem odd at the weekend. Horrible looking spill too, lucky he wasn't more badly injured.
Whisk 2.1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely not a pretty crash, but he seemed to land pretty flat on his back and I suspect it was the other rider riding into him that broke his rib Shocked

Bit of a shame, because despite the issues that he'd had previously, he seemed to be doing well to stay in the bunch until that late in the race. Kittel by contrast was getting spat out the back on every climb. You do have to wonder if the crash was the result of his previous injuries or a lack of sharpness slowing down his reflexes or affecting his concentration late in the race.

Cav aside, it was a great move by Nibali to get away on the Pogio and superb effort to stay away. I thought he'd started celebrating a bit too soon when the bunch sprint opened up behind him and nearly caught him on the line Shocked Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: