Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Private health insurance Benefit for sports injuries?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stenard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:
Whisk 2.1 wrote:
Yeah, I know. Locked out of my account, which is registered to a work e-mail account and the reset e-mails don't make it through the spam filter... Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad

There's no reason why you cannot reregister with the same email address, and just recreate the account.

BTW, the account was deleted because in common with so many spammers I clear out, it was registered and seven days later still hadn't posted anything.

If people register and don't use the account, I delete them as the 25,000 accounts clogging everything up and the cast majority have never been used as they were registered by bots.

Which one did you delete?
I was presuming the new account was replacing this one, which can hardly be said to be a non-contributing account with >8k of posts? If Whisk has lost access to that one, then is there not a way for a mod to get him refreshed access so he can change the email address it's linked to?
GrahamO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
I was presuming the new account was replacing this one, which can hardly be said to be a non-contributing account with >8k of posts? If Whisk has lost access to that one, then is there not a way for a mod to get him refreshed access so he can change the email address it's linked to?

No - it was called something like Whisk 2.0 and had no posts at all after a aeek to 10 days dending upon my travel arrangements. I certainly don't delete 8,000 post accounts as all I look at is the page with the most recent registrations and the biggest poster for that is a login with 24 posts since 30th Sep 2017.

The forum is at least six generations of software out of date and such niceties dont exist. The email address is not however on the ban list afaik.

I can reset any password easily if the account still exists - all I need is the identity and some confirmation of the registered email address to double check its your account. PM me with what the registered email address is and I'll reset it for you.
Whisk 2.1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:
stenard wrote:

No - it was called something like Whisk 2.0 and had no posts at all after a aeek to 10 days dending upon my travel arrangements. I certainly don't delete 8,000 post accounts as all I look at is the page with the most recent registrations and the biggest poster for that is a login with 24 posts since 30th Sep 2017.

The forum is at least six generations of software out of date and such niceties dont exist. The email address is not however on the ban list afaik.

I can reset any password easily if the account still exists - all I need is the identity and some confirmation of the registered email address to double check its your account. PM me with what the registered email address is and I'll reset it for you.

I got locked out of my original account (Whisk) a few months ago. The password was stored on my work PC, which was replaced while I was on leave. The password reset mails go to a work e-mail address, but the firewall settings have been tightened up in recent months, so e-mails from Tritalk (and any social media sites) are now blocked.

I created a new account (Whisk 2.0) a few weeks ago, but never got round to posting with it. I assume that's now been deleted, so Whisk 2.1 was my 2nd attempt at starting over . Rolling Eyes
GrahamO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk 2.1 wrote:
I got locked out of my original account (Whisk) a few months ago. The password was stored on my work PC, which was replaced while I was on leave. The password reset mails go to a work e-mail address, but the firewall settings have been tightened up in recent months, so e-mails from Tritalk (and any social media sites) are now blocked.

I created a new account (Whisk 2.0) a few weeks ago, but never got round to posting with it. I assume that's now been deleted, so Whisk 2.1 was my 2nd attempt at starting over . Rolling Eyes

Send me a PM with details of what your previous email account was and what you would like it to be in future.
Whisk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks GrahamO and Hammerer, I'm back in the game Cool
jibberjim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:

How do we know? How do we know you're not just some identity theif?
Whisk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
Whisk wrote:

Shh, I'm harvesting data for Cambridge Analytica Wink Rolling Eyes
GrahamO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:

An identity thief would steal something of value Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: