Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Commonwealth games tri..
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
awildt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't watch the race but good results to wake up to. I think England tri has lost the way a bit but it's not serious, it'll come back. Everything has cycles.

I'm super happy that Henri Schoeman got the medal as opposed to Rich Murray - Rich hasn't made friends over the last couple seasons and you reap what you sew.

Something that really struck me when I went through the list of triathletes at the games was a lady called Lauren Parker. I hosted her in France for a couple of days when she was on a season there. She was an able-bodied athlete then. She's now a para-triathlete. Life can change in an instant.

Her website:
www.laurenparkerfoundation.com.au - some sobering reading.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awildt wrote:
Didn't watch the race but good results to wake up to. I think England tri has lost the way a bit but it's not serious, it'll come back. Everything has cycles.

I'm super happy that Henri Schoeman got the medal as opposed to Rich Murray - Rich hasn't made friends over the last couple seasons and you reap what you sew.

Something that really struck me when I went through the list of triathletes at the games was a lady called Lauren Parker. I hosted her in France for a couple of days when she was on a season there. She was an able-bodied athlete then. She's now a para-triathlete. Life can change in an instant.

Her website:

that made sad reading...i have been in a crash with a guy who landed on a guard rail...he went from targeting an IMA AG win and Kona slot to months in hospital in Italy...my own injuries were not so serious, but i never regained that level of fitness...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
doug

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awildt wrote:

Her website:

There's an interview with her on Rooster's OxygenAddict podcast:
http://www.oxygenaddict.com/podcast/2018/3/27/draft-rt2sb
durhambiker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funkin wrote:
From watching the broadcast and then looking at some of the photos from the Womens race (see http://www.witsup.com/flora-duffy-dominates-to-take-commonwealth-games-gold/) some of the athletes have timing (I guess) straps/chips on both ankles. Not all of them, but Duffy, Learmonth, Holland amongst others.

Any reason why this might be the case?

In the photo of Duffy coming down the finishing straight it looks more like she's got an ankle tag on each ankle from the local police force!!

Often recommended for the elite races in the event of either losing the chip or the system not detecting one for some reason. Same reason a lot of running events either double up on timing mats, or supply bibs with 2 transponders fitted.
funkin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

durhambiker wrote:
funkin wrote:
From watching the broadcast and then looking at some of the photos from the Womens race (see http://www.witsup.com/flora-duffy-dominates-to-take-commonwealth-games-gold/) some of the athletes have timing (I guess) straps/chips on both ankles. Not all of them, but Duffy, Learmonth, Holland amongst others.

Any reason why this might be the case?

In the photo of Duffy coming down the finishing straight it looks more like she's got an ankle tag on each ankle from the local police force!!

Often recommended for the elite races in the event of either losing the chip or the system not detecting one for some reason. Same reason a lot of running events either double up on timing mats, or supply bibs with 2 transponders fitted.

Cheers for the (multiple) comments on this. Maybe wearing one on each ankle helps balance out the swim compared to just one! Or perhaps they just need better straps!
MrTim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better balance makes more sense (unless it's being enforced by the organisation on certain big name athletes). I don't see why a pro would themselves be overly worried about losing the chip, unless they could cross the line in first and officially be counted as DNF because the chip is all that counts?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: