Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
ITBS 3 weeks from IM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2Tri

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeamT ill look out for you guys Smile

sports massage Saturday went well, he said my ITB was very tight and my glutes were tight and weak, we did some basic range stretches and gave my legs an absolute beating (releasing my ITB was not pleasant), got some stretches to do each day now, he said to lay off the cycling for abit to give the muscles a chance to rest. So will just be swimming and a small amount of cycling before race day now, then do it on the day as best my body allows.

2 more massages scheduled before we go out

http://robrfu.blogspot.co.uk/

jasonhughes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: Build The Intrinsic Muscles Of Your Foot Reply with quote

I would like to add a 5th point to Iron Mike's list.

If you're suffering from an injury to your ITB, then overpronation could be an issue.

Build the arches of your feet. Foot exercises are really simple and easy to perform. But they are neglected so very often.

I have seen my own arched feet go completely flat due to neglecting to build them up.

Here's a list of exercises that help build the intrinsic musculature of the feet https://www.thesewisefeet.com/how-to-fix-flat-feet/

Try em out and let me know how your ITB feels.

Oh and make sure to foam roll your ITB as well.

Hope this helps!

Jason
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: