Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Wetsuit?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kennyOX2

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Wetsuit? Reply with quote

I am in the market for a new wetsuit. I have been looking into a Huub Archimedes 3.5, Orca 3.8 or another 2XU as I previously owned a 2XU X3. Does anyone have any experience, opinions or views? Or even suggestions for another similar options. I am looking for something that offers some buoyancy support but also something thats warm - I do get cold in open water.

Thanks,
K
Chrace

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for info, the Blueseventy Helix is not warm even though it's by far the best I've had. Someone's bound to recommend it shortly. My old Orca cheapskate entry level was far warmer but nowhere near as nice to swim in.

There are some thermal property specific suits around, e.g. Huub Aegis Thermal, but they seem very pricey and I haven't seen any reports on how they are to swim in.
stenard

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar to Chrace on the Archimedes. I absolutely love it, but the 3:5 nature of it means the top half is relatively thin. I find that a good thing for shoulder and upper body mobility however.

I don't really get cold though. I did 2.5k continuous in Brockwell lido last week and it was only 11 degrees. I feel the cold sure, and my hands were pretty numb for the first few lengths, but after a few minutes of swimming to get the body temperature up, it doesn't really bother me

Worth noting that I have a Archimedes II for racing, and also picked up an Archimedes I for cheap (super super cheap) to use more in training. The II is a significant improvement I find, and worth spending the extra money on, even if you find a good deal on the first version. Given the 3 is out now, you can probably find the II for a pretty good price.
fenix

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get to a big store and try on as many as you can. It's more about how they fit your shape.
grunta

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: wetsuit? Reply with quote

Hi..I have a SNUGG suit . Made to measure as I have massive calf muscles. Off the peg suits got stuck fast on my flexed calves....SNUGG will make a suit with max legal thicknesses of neoprene which should help keep you warm - and buoyant ! Might be a bit more expensive than off the peg but IMO well worth the extra cost.
Lovelytrees

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here are some choices:

https://www.globosurfer.com/best-wetsuits/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: