Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Wheezy Boy...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roscoemck

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
Poor Yates...I wonder how many puffs wheezy boy had today?

Yates must have forgotten his.......
hammerer

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roscoemck wrote:

I don't see Sky taking any Grand Tours this year.

Remind me not to back any of your tips Wink

When something seems unbelievable, then usually it is, or what was the other saying, if something looks like a pig and sounds like a pig, chances are its a pig.

BUT

On first glance I thought the boy has just taken the piss. He proved it's not real but after more analysing I'm now torn. He had a team of GC contenders working at full gas to break Yates and put the hurt on TD who really didn't have much support. He attacked in an unlikely place with 80km still to ride and gained much of his time (30% so a good minute) on a life threatening decent. It was scary to watch! He then TTd whilst the TD group were more worried about the white jersey. Also TD is not a pure climber so once Froome had gone then it was always going to be hard for him. It was a remarkable turn around but we also have to factor the crash he was just about recovered from. Either that or he hit the BBs on the last rest day which might be as equally likely.
SGreg

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yates broke well before the Froome Heroics, he was always going to crack, he was 39mins back! if he had stayed with the TD group....or ANY group maybe he could feel hard done by. as it was he just suffered horribly all day and couldn't keep up with anyone, you can't blame that on Froome doping.

As Hammerer pointed out most of the time was gained on the drop which was staggering to witness regardless, drugs don't help with #@?# like that (apart from maybe crack?) and TD was basically chasing solo as his group refused to help.

Basically I can believe it

But of course just because I CAN believe it doesn't mean I do. Like most of these things I enjoy the spectacle and trust, with time, the truth will come out.
JeffB

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGreg wrote:
Yates broke well before the Froome Heroics, he was always going to crack, he was 39mins back! if he had stayed with the TD group....or ANY group maybe he could feel hard done by. as it was he just suffered horribly all day and couldn't keep up with anyone, you can't blame that on Froome doping.

As Hammerer pointed out most of the time was gained on the drop which was staggering to witness regardless, drugs don't help with #@?# like that (apart from maybe crack?) and TD was basically chasing solo as his group refused to help.

Basically I can believe it

But of course just because I CAN believe it doesn't mean I do. Like most of these things I enjoy the spectacle and trust, with time, the truth will come out.

I'm probably with SG on this, although I'm fairly sure they don't get their supplements from Holland & Barrett I hope they are relatively clean, asthma aside but kind of assume they are all pushing the limits and might get caught, but have sympathy for those that are genuine. So sometimes just watch the racing for what it is.

He did take a lot of the time on the descent, something he did in the TDF a few years ago and TD probably didn't fancy dragging the others up the hill.

Saw something earlier tonight that said he put out 397W for about 3k and that others have gone up there quicker than that. He also mentioned he'd recce'd it several times in the past.

It aslo said the team car was behind him pretty much giving him rally car instructions on the descent and showed a pic. From one point of view they've have done the homework and obviously practised it, he still had to have the danglies to pull it off, especially after crashing earlier in the race. It will be hard to stop that kind of thing without getting rid of race radio, which might make things more interesting.

Jeff
Chrace

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm likely dropping right in to the Lance camp but so be it, we all have to believe in something. So even if he's not legal, if it's "only" a puffer we are still witnessing one of the greatest bikers of all times and should really enjoy watching it.

Personally I keep hopes high that he's as close as we reasonably can get to clean top performing athletes ("top" as in "winning big races"). If not him then we'd be scrutinizing some other guy on the podium - and I'm sure a lot of 2nd tier guys are happy he's taking the media attention.

So from me, Go Froome! F***ing well done laddy!

The guy's proven that he can climb, descend and TT. That's just awesome.
Jgav

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He made 37 seconds on the Finestre, hardly as "unbelievable" as Philippa York made out. Made more time on the descent and then there was a disorganised chase with TD waiting for some help from the other GC top 10. I think it was a great ride and a perfect storm.

edit: has Yates finished climbing the Finestre now?
doug

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/44674282

Quote:
French newspaper Le Monde reports race organiser Amaury Sport Organisation (ASO) does not want Froome to take part in the Tour - which begins on Saturday - while his case is pending.

Le Monde says ASO wants to protect the race's image but Team Sky have appealed to the French Olympic Committee, and that will be heard on Tuesday, with a decision to be announced the following day.

I understand where ASO are coming from, but unless they have inside information that Froome will be found guilty, I think they open themselves up to a huge lawsuit if he is let off.
moonmonkey02

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doug wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/44674282

Quote:
French newspaper Le Monde reports race organiser Amaury Sport Organisation (ASO) does not want Froome to take part in the Tour - which begins on Saturday - while his case is pending.

Le Monde says ASO wants to protect the race's image but Team Sky have appealed to the French Olympic Committee, and that will be heard on Tuesday, with a decision to be announced the following day.

I understand where ASO are coming from, but unless they have inside information that Froome will be found guilty, I think they open themselves up to a huge lawsuit if he is let off.

Agreed no chance this sticks.

Continuing to stir up the hatred and trying to move one of their own up the podium: still won't be a French winner.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been going-on so long (the Froome case) that I forgot who it is who needs to make a decision. CAS?

They really need to get a grip.
Whisk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate that it must take a long time to gather the scientific evidence to prove that the AAF was legitimate and not due to improper behaviour, but it's been over 9 months now. I guess if the test result hadn't been leaked we would all be blissfully ignorant unless a ban eventually came out. It's still not very satisfactory, but I think I read somewhere that because it was an AAF rather than a failed test results apart from the Vuelta would still stand.
Whisk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing to see here - Froome isn't a dirty drugs cheat after all.

I wonder if Bernard Hinault is going to apologise Wink
stenard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/44679483

ASO now actually have no case to prevent him from riding whatsoever...
GrahamO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/44679483

ASO now actually have no case to prevent him from riding whatsoever...

Apart from not being French that is Rolling Eyes

I suspect the UCI decided that the ASO were playing games just before the TdF in a typically 'French' fashion os decide to act quickly.

Last edited by GrahamO on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.uci.org/pressreleases/uci-statement-anti-doping-proceedings-involving-christopher-froome/
stenard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes a big difference in my mind that this appears to be a WADA finding, of which the UCI have just followed. Rather than the UCI, who clearly have skin in the game, coming to their own conclusions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: