Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Trial running North York Moors National Park

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Young21M

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject: Trial running North York Moors National Park Reply with quote

Hey ! I'm going to visit North York Moors National Park for the first time in August and looking for trial suggestion.

This site gives 3 suggestions for the area. https://www.trailrunproject.com/directory/8014568/north-york-moors-national-park

I quite fancy the trial from Egton Bridge to Robin Hoods Bay but I've never been there so not sure if it's good.

Feel free to share your experience on trial running in the area. I prefer less climbing as my left ankle is a little sensitive. So if you could recommend a flat-ish option it'd be really nice.

Thanks !
JeffB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

There's a lot of good trails on the NY moors but they are pretty undulating, they aren't high and most aren't very technical.

I've not been on the route in the link you included and it's not obvious where you are staying, the moors are a fairly big area.

I'd have a look for the following,

Cleveland Way, this is a 110 mile path around the moors that is fairly well signposted and you can do parts of that.

Also look at the following running sites, both of them do various fell\trail races on the moors and you can get an idea of some routes on there.

Hardmoors
Esk Valley Fell Club

It's a beautiful area and the running is generally good, there's some moorland that is awkward if you aren't used to it.

One final point, always check yourself for ticks after you've ran over there, there's quite a lot in the summer, if one attaches itself for a few hours they can really cause you problems.

Jeff
Young21M

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeff,

Thanks so much for helpful information! I'm actually just started to plan the trip so I still have no idea where in NY Moor am I going to go to. Now I'll find out Smile

About the ticks, a little too late for the warning Crying or Very sad but thanks anyway
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: