Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The Fastest 10 mile TT Thread - 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FatPom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, great effort Wheezy. I've done some 12hr stuff in Oz but as part of a team on a motor racing circuit. Are you stopping at aid stations/support for any length of time?
Wheezy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
Wow, great effort Wheezy. I've done some 12hr stuff in Oz but as part of a team on a motor racing circuit. Are you stopping at aid stations/support for any length of time?

Cheers FP. Strava has me stationary for a total of 9 minutes, which included 2 pee stops. I had a helper from my club handing up bottles and food and because of the nature of the course I was able to see them every 10 miles. This went a bit array though as I waved off a feed only for them to miss me the next two times while they were sorting out one of my club mates. Luckily I had some haribo in my top tube bag so necked that until I saw them again. It was a bit touch and go though, at one point.

I have however discovered my new, most favourite energy food; rice creams! Rice pudding in an ice cream cornet. I must have had a dozen of them. By the end I was able to eat one, whole, on the move.
FatPom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:
FatPom wrote:

Cheers FP. Strava has me stationary for a total of 9 minutes, which included 2 pee stops. I had a helper from my club handing up bottles and food and because of the nature of the course I was able to see them every 10 miles. This went a bit array though as I waved off a feed only for them to miss me the next two times while they were sorting out one of my club mates. Luckily I had some haribo in my top tube bag so necked that until I saw them again. It was a bit touch and go though, at one point.

I have however discovered my new, most favourite energy food; rice creams! Rice pudding in an ice cream cornet. I must have had a dozen of them. By the end I was able to eat one, whole, on the move.

Nice. Funny you should say about rice cream. Back in Oz I used to a sportive called The Alpine Classics, which back then was 210kms and had 4,800 mtrs of elevation. It's held in January and temp is usually over 35C.

At the top of the second climb, which was 18kms long, they always had an aid station with cold cans of rice pudding. I used to knock about 3 of those back! Very Happy
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cold rice pudding has been my breakfast of choice pre long events for some time. I like it cold, rather than room temp if possible (not always the case).

Never thought of having it on the fly (even though as a food its perfect, just how to transport etc). (R)Ice Cream cones is sheer utter brilliance that solves this....

....my only remaining problem is persuading someone to stand in a lay by for 12 hours handing me one every 45 mins or so....
JeffB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Wheezy, the thought of a 12 just doesn't appeal to me at all. There's one round York that is absolutely pan flat, but a quite boring, not much traffic either.

Not sure about the rice creams though, never really fancied rice pudding.

Jeff
JeffB

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed 58:55 for my 25M yesterday, was pleased with that after nearly jacking it after a warmup, about 90 seconds faster than my best on that course but not an overall PB.

It's a reasonably quick DC course but has 200M of climbing with a decent dig at 6 miles and a long drag just after the turn. But the last 6 miles are fairly quick. Anyone who's raced the A19 from Crathone will know where I mean.

It was float conditions and probably got faster as it warmed up about 8c for the later starters with more traffic, I asked for an early start.

Still haven't found top gear after my recent cold, tried a parkrun on Saturday and eased back after about 1k to what I'm hoping I can do for a 70.3. During the warmup I still didn't feel great but decided it was a decent hours work if nothing else. Struggled to get my HR up to what I'd expect to do for a 25 and would expect maybe 15-20W more.

Course record was smashed by Harry Tanfield who did 45:36! taking about 3 minutes out of Adam Duggleby, granted he did a 12hour record just last week. He is a pro though and got silver at the commonwealth games in the TT this year.

Jeff
FatPom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Jeff. Cool

Our club had the annual inter club TT comp between Venta, Andover Wheelers and Sotonia. We rode the P140 but the extended version with the drag at the end.

It's 10.7 miles. I forgot to stop my watch but pretty sure I went close to 26.00, which puts me a gnat's dick under 40kph.

Quite pleased considering I'm still a bit shelled from the HIM last Sunday.

Very Happy
FatPom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

22;53 on the P140 tonight
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work chaps Smile

National 100 for me Sunday. I'm off no. 119, with Keiron Davies at 120 - so after about 10 minutes I'll be last man out on the road.... Embarassed.... probably get back to HQ after the presentations and when only the mangy cakes are left...

Oh and I've entered the Breckland 12 hour.... Razz
FatPom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
Good work chaps Smile

National 100 for me Sunday. I'm off no. 119, with Keiron Davies at 120 - so after about 10 minutes I'll be last man out on the road.... Embarassed.... probably get back to HQ after the presentations and when only the mangy cakes are left...

Good luck for Sunday mate. Two of our club members did the Nat 25 last Sunday but I completely forgot to ask one of them how they got on last night.

We also had a rider go 19.xx last night, eek!
JeffB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
Good work chaps Smile

Good luck on Sunday TRO, I'm off 27 but will probably still get the manky cakes as most of the field will have passed me by then Sad I'm hoping to be finished before lunchtime!

Conditions are looking good, maybe a bit warm but probably overcast rather than the sun beating down on you and hardly any wind by the look of things. I've got a new nopinz suit hopefully turning up today but will probably use my old one rather than risking a new chamois for 100 miles.

I presume you'll be doing a run off the bike Laughing Laughing

Thanks

Jeff
Wheezy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:
TRO Saracen wrote:
Good work chaps Smile

Good luck on Sunday TRO, I'm off 27 but will probably still get the manky cakes as most of the field will have passed me by then Sad I'm hoping to be finished before lunchtime!

Conditions are looking good, maybe a bit warm but probably overcast rather than the sun beating down on you and hardly any wind by the look of things. I've got a new nopinz suit hopefully turning up today but will probably use my old one rather than risking a new chamois for 100 miles.

I presume you'll be doing a run off the bike Laughing Laughing

Thanks

Jeff

Best of luck gents Smile
JeffB

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relatively pleased with my 100 today, finished in 4:22:12 which included a short stop for a drink on lap 3, made my energy drink a bit strong and it was making me a bit queezy.

Longest ride for a long time distance wise although I did nearly 5 hours round the lakes easy a couple of months ago which included a couple of cafe stops.

AP was 221W, and NP was 225W, so not a lot of freewheeling.

Good time by TRO but I think he'll be upset at not getting under 4 hours, I think my early start helped, I was on lap 3 by the time the wind was picking up and stayed overcast until I nearly finished. He had another lap at that point.

I was losing it a bit at mile 60, it's that dead spot in a 100, past 70.3 distance, but picked up again in the last 20, probably as I knew I was on the last lap.

Jeff
FatPom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody good work gents, I bet that didn't tickle!
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't quite get my head around this, such strong riding guys! I've just dusted my bike off (forced as my car has broke) and am commuting for the next 2 weeks. I'm struggling to hit 25kph for an hour!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 9 of 16

Jump to: