Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Ultra / Trail Running - General Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 147, 148, 149  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tunster




Joined: 21 Feb 2010
Posts: 494
Location: Manchester

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilian knocks an hour off the 36 year old record!
_________________
Wilmslow Half, Gin Pit Double Marathons, Thames Path 100, South Downs Way 100, TdS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gingerbongo




Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 1628
Location: Devon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that! And most people get to know the course very well before trying anythign stupid like that!
Shocked
The guys a loon/genius!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
p00key




Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 3864
Location: The North

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went up to Keswick to watch him finish at Moot Hall . He was amazing and so modest - after going off for an hour to sort himself out - he came back again to say hello to people - the poor guy looked shattered but was so nice to everyone .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tunster




Joined: 21 Feb 2010
Posts: 494
Location: Manchester

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

p00key wrote:
We went up to Keswick to watch him finish at Moot Hall . He was amazing and so modest - after going off for an hour to sort himself out - he came back again to say hello to people - the poor guy looked shattered but was so nice to everyone .


looked like an amazing atmosphere at he finish
_________________
Wilmslow Half, Gin Pit Double Marathons, Thames Path 100, South Downs Way 100, TdS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gingerbongo




Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 1628
Location: Devon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and Nicky Spinks goes and smashes out a double Ramsey round!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tunster




Joined: 21 Feb 2010
Posts: 494
Location: Manchester

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiU3Ot-giPw&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop
_________________
Wilmslow Half, Gin Pit Double Marathons, Thames Path 100, South Downs Way 100, TdS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
p00key




Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 3864
Location: The North

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tunster wrote:
p00key wrote:
We went up to Keswick to watch him finish at Moot Hall . He was amazing and so modest - after going off for an hour to sort himself out - he came back again to say hello to people - the poor guy looked shattered but was so nice to everyone .


looked like an amazing atmosphere at he finish


It was - i shook his hand when he came back and said congratulations and then asked if we could have a photo together. He obliged - made my day. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 15691
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two outstanding athletes, two increadible achievements...
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
smitters




Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Posts: 1739
Location: Enjoying my new favourite run

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
Thanks to my mate, I now know a lot more about Billy Yang than I used to! Very Happy


The Billy Yang podcast is worth a listen - some interesting guests and conversations.

I just bought myself a couple of these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232853982824

I have telescopic trekking poles already, so I cannot justify 100+/pole on some fancy Black Diamond stuff, but the ones I have are quite long when collapsed and a pain to extend and collapse on the go - so much so that on the Race tot he Tower I just had them in hand all day.

My next race has some long runnable sections and then steep ups, so I'll give these a go and report back.

ETA - shortlived hope. The supplier (Chinese generic ebay sort, but good feedback) has emailed saying there's a stock issue, and would I mind buying a different, similar product. Have requested a refund. Bah.
_________________
Planning better and running better...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WhittleFit




Joined: 05 Jun 2007
Posts: 2629
Location: Cardiff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smitters wrote:


I just bought myself a couple of these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232853982824

I have telescopic trekking poles already, so I cannot justify 100+/pole on some fancy Black Diamond stuff, but the ones I have are quite long when collapsed and a pain to extend and collapse on the go - so much so that on the Race tot he Tower I just had them in hand all day.

My next race has some long runnable sections and then steep ups, so I'll give these a go and report back.

ETA - shortlived hope. The supplier (Chinese generic ebay sort, but good feedback) has emailed saying there's a stock issue, and would I mind buying a different, similar product. Have requested a refund. Bah.


I bought a set of Mountain King Trail Blaze poles a few months ago (used them at the Brutal Midnight Marathon and the Brecon 10 Peaks), great poles, not cheap but light and easy to put together whilst on the move.
_________________
WhittleFit website - Facebook
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
p00key




Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 3864
Location: The North

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After following various people over the weekend in the UTMB race - i'm starting to get a bit obsessive about it - Tunster - you have done this haven't you ? as well as Repoman .

I have no WS100 qualifier this year - which is slightly irritating me - so was poss thinking about this - or one of the races over there. I have the points , so was thinking of going into the ballot ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tunster




Joined: 21 Feb 2010
Posts: 494
Location: Manchester

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

p00key wrote:
After following various people over the weekend in the UTMB race - i'm starting to get a bit obsessive about it - Tunster - you have done this haven't you ? as well as Repoman .

I have no WS100 qualifier this year - which is slightly irritating me - so was poss thinking about this - or one of the races over there. I have the points , so was thinking of going into the ballot ...


UTMB week is the most amazing week of running in one of my favourite places in the world. Just back from doing the TdS - proper hard (ranked by UTMB organisation as harder than the UTMB itself -https://utmbmontblanc.com/en/page/257/how-to-choose-your-race.html ). Then spent the rest of the weekend following 2 mates around the UTMB course.

Personally preferred the UTMB but a longer and overall more gruelling (as it takes so much longer).

Have done the route of the CCC over a recce weekend and that is a really good distance.

Which race are you thinking of?

Seems like they are downgrading some of the qualifying races for next year (eg South Downs Way downgraded from 6 to 5 qualifying points). Favouring the races with more vert for qualifying points.

Do it, do it, do it Smile
_________________
Wilmslow Half, Gin Pit Double Marathons, Thames Path 100, South Downs Way 100, TdS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FatPom




Joined: 26 Dec 2005
Posts: 5269
Location: My happy place

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tunster wrote:
p00key wrote:
After following various people over the weekend in the UTMB race - i'm starting to get a bit obsessive about it - Tunster - you have done this haven't you ? as well as Repoman .

I have no WS100 qualifier this year - which is slightly irritating me - so was poss thinking about this - or one of the races over there. I have the points , so was thinking of going into the ballot ...


UTMB week is the most amazing week of running in one of my favourite places in the world. Just back from doing the TdS - proper hard (ranked by UTMB organisation as harder than the UTMB itself -https://utmbmontblanc.com/en/page/257/how-to-choose-your-race.html ). Then spent the rest of the weekend following 2 mates around the UTMB course.

Personally preferred the UTMB but a longer and overall more gruelling (as it takes so much longer).

Have done the route of the CCC over a recce weekend and that is a really good distance.

Which race are you thinking of?

Seems like they are downgrading some of the qualifying races for next year (eg South Downs Way downgraded from 6 to 5 qualifying points). Favouring the races with more vert for qualifying points.

Do it, do it, do it Smile


I have an IM mate at work just did TFS in 25hrs. Catching up with him for coffee later as hes been away. I will dig out his report later. He said it was amazing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
p00key




Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 3864
Location: The North

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tunster wrote:
p00key wrote:
After following various people over the weekend in the UTMB race - i'm starting to get a bit obsessive about it - Tunster - you have done this haven't you ? as well as Repoman .

I have no WS100 qualifier this year - which is slightly irritating me - so was poss thinking about this - or one of the races over there. I have the points , so was thinking of going into the ballot ...


UTMB week is the most amazing week of running in one of my favourite places in the world. Just back from doing the TdS - proper hard (ranked by UTMB organisation as harder than the UTMB itself -https://utmbmontblanc.com/en/page/257/how-to-choose-your-race.html ). Then spent the rest of the weekend following 2 mates around the UTMB course.

Personally preferred the UTMB but a longer and overall more gruelling (as it takes so much longer).

Have done the route of the CCC over a recce weekend and that is a really good distance.

Which race are you thinking of?

Seems like they are downgrading some of the qualifying races for next year (eg South Downs Way downgraded from 6 to 5 qualifying points). Favouring the races with more vert for qualifying points.

Do it, do it, do it Smile


hahaha I do have points for them all .

BUT i might have to wait till 2020 (although are they all ballots ? - no harm in entering as we will be in Chamonix that time next year anyway).

I have entered TP100 /SDW100 so far for next year as was going to go for the grand slam ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
p00key




Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 3864
Location: The North

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
tunster wrote:
p00key wrote:
After following various people over the weekend in the UTMB race - i'm starting to get a bit obsessive about it - Tunster - you have done this haven't you ? as well as Repoman .

I have no WS100 qualifier this year - which is slightly irritating me - so was poss thinking about this - or one of the races over there. I have the points , so was thinking of going into the ballot ...


UTMB week is the most amazing week of running in one of my favourite places in the world. Just back from doing the TdS - proper hard (ranked by UTMB organisation as harder than the UTMB itself -https://utmbmontblanc.com/en/page/257/how-to-choose-your-race.html ). Then spent the rest of the weekend following 2 mates around the UTMB course.

Personally preferred the UTMB but a longer and overall more gruelling (as it takes so much longer).

Have done the route of the CCC over a recce weekend and that is a really good distance.

Which race are you thinking of?

Seems like they are downgrading some of the qualifying races for next year (eg South Downs Way downgraded from 6 to 5 qualifying points). Favouring the races with more vert for qualifying points.

Do it, do it, do it Smile


I have an IM mate at work just did TFS in 25hrs. Catching up with him for coffee later as hes been away. I will dig out his report later. He said it was amazing.


Nice one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 147, 148, 149  Next
Page 148 of 149
  Share
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum





Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.