Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Bike Fit Advice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject: Bike Fit Advice Reply with quote

It's once again time to throw myself upon the mercy of Tritalk massive.
Since building the Blade with all the components from the Carrera (and picking up a few choice bit like the Tulas) I've been struggling to get completely comfortable.
This is my best effort so far with 135mm stem and saddle almost at the front of the rails. I'm still a bit uncomfortable with the width of the Tulas but they're as wide as they'll go so will have to persevere with that.
Any feedback gratefully received.
Ps.The ivy still needs cutting, the climbing wall is still there and my son's 16 now and I still need to lose more weight.
Pps. Ignore my right leg as it's just propping me up and pad x/y is 51/61 if that's any use.
redbiker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First advice would be never to take bike fitting advice from a forum. Wink

Having said that, the saddle could be a little low. Hard to tell without seeing you pedalling it a an appropriate level of effort.
www.bike-science.com
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second picture makes it look like your saddle is low, yet the first picture I think it looks on the verge of being too high. Perhaps that's as a result of you trying to prop yourself up.

Those arm rests don't look that comfortable, size & position. That said, I have the USE rests with Fizik gel pads and they are fine for all distances, but they are closer to my elbow as well, which you could do with a 120 stem - assuming that wouldn't place your hands off the front of the extensions!
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one of the reasons I hold my arms forward on the pads is the width.

I really struggle to bring my elbows narrower so having them like that lets me have them a little wider than the pads themselves. (Which are already at their widest setting)

I like the Tula bars so would like to persevere with them but have considered some kind of bridge across the normal mountings that would let me put the pads a little wider.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: