Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Favero Assioma - Power Meter Pedals feedback?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stenard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrace wrote:
stenard wrote:
Chrace wrote:
jibberjim wrote:
Chrace wrote:
Oh, if you got a Rotor 3D24 tool to sell I'm in the market... Rolling Eyes

We seem to have loads of people who drop round just to use such a thing - no it's not for sale!

That's ebcause it's 30 euro plus 15 euro shipping from Power2Max who seems to be the only ones selling it. I just need to change some chainrings ffs.

My usual LBS doesn't have one but might call around to the others in the area to hear.

Why do you need the spider tool to change some chainrings?

Chainring doesn't fit over the battery compartment on the Classic. The kind of thing you find out after buying (used)...

Are they solid aero chainrings or something? Standard chainrings with the cutouts between the bolt holes fit over my classic fine. I'll admit the Type S is easier (which is what I have on my TT), but the Classic allows standard rings to be changed no problem.

Indeed, it has to be possible. My Classic is bonded to FSA Gossamer cranks. You can't remove the spider from the crank arms, so it has to be possible to fit chainrings without needing to remove the spider.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they arrived, and have been fitted. Despite the wet weather yesterday morning, I took them out for a 60km spin and so far so good! You have to download the Favero App first on your phone, then connect the pedals to the App to activate them (and the warranty) then you can fit them and ride the bike for a few dozen pedal revolutions, before you do a zero offset. Apparently it's not until you do all this that your Computer will register power. Well what I did worked anyway! GC thinks they are Vectors - ha no, because they work. But they do provide all the data the Vectors do, and some extras I don't have on the P2M, like torque efficiency & pedal smoothness. Only the left pedal communicates to devices (the right pedal transmits it's data to the left pedal). I will keep you posted.

jayski

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
So they arrived, and have been fitted. Despite the wet weather yesterday morning, I took them out for a 60km spin and so far so good! You have to download the Favero App first on your phone, then connect the pedals to the App to activate them (and the warranty) then you can fit them and ride the bike for a few dozen pedal revolutions, before you do a zero offset. Apparently it's not until you do all this that your Computer will register power. Well what I did worked anyway! GC thinks they are Vectors - ha no, because they work. But they do provide all the data the Vectors do, and some extras I don't have on the P2M, like torque efficiency & pedal smoothness. Only the left pedal communicates to devices (the right pedal transmits it's data to the left pedal). I will keep you posted.

Thanks Jorgan, really keen to see how you get on with them - this factors into my turbo thread as you suggested! BTW, did you order them direct?
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jayski wrote:

Thanks Jorgan, really keen to see how you get on with them - this factors into my turbo thread as you suggested! BTW, did you order them direct?

I ordered them from Clever Training UK, using the DC Rainmaker discount code (earlier in this thread is a link); that made them cheaper than Sigma or Cycle Powermeters. They arrived within 3 working days.

At the moment they are on my 'best bike' my Canyon Endurace, which is thru-axle, so I need to get a trainer adapter before I could use that bike indoors; although I could use my commuter bike on the trainer instead....the joys of PM Pedals Cool Currently still have the TT bike on the trainer with the P2Max.

Out of interest, my new pedalling metrics on Sunday were:

L/R Torque effectiveness: 72/70% (how much of the power is pushing forward)
L/R Pedal Smoothness: 20/20% (i.e. power is delivered for 20% of the stroke)

Both fall within 'normal values'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: