Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
'Cobra Kai' on You Tube Premium

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: 'Cobra Kai' on You Tube Premium Reply with quote

100% on Rotten Tomatoes! Anyone else seen this Karate Kid 'where are they now' series? Follows the two main protagonists and their lives 34 years later. Unfortunately I got to see the first 2 episodes for free, now I'm hooked Rolling Eyes I will probably do the free Premium trial, power-watch it, then cancel (11.99/month!)

Worth a look for those who remember this film as kids in the 80s. 34 years Mad
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll never get around to watching that ... so what are LaRusso and Johnny up to these days?

Strike first, strike hard
jibberjim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerbongo wrote:
I'll never get around to watching that ... so what are LaRusso and Johnny up to these days?

I heard that it's a straight role reversal, LaRusso is a DICK, and Johnny is a down at luck nice guy who changes everything around.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerbongo wrote:

Strike first, strike hard

Johnny is down & out, divorced, and living in a crappy apartment drinking beer in his vest in front of the TV. Larusso is a self-made business man with a successful chain of car dealerships.

You're immediately pulling for Johnny when he decides to open the dojo. Looks like he's going to take in all the nerdy kids who get bullied, and turn them into 'somebodies'...No Mercy etc. Whereas now, LaRusso is the one with privileged kids who hang around with 'class bullies', and his daughter's BF is the lead bully in a group of kids that pick on Johnny's first pupil in episode 1. It's a bit of a role reversal thing.
jibberjim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Ali come back to LaRusso after going off and having the fling with the bartender?
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
Did Ali come back to LaRusso after going off and having the fling with the bartender?

I don't even remember that, KK2?

LaRusso isn't really a d1ck, he's just annoying & cheesy, like many stereotypical car salesmen. The role reversal bit is really a class/money thing, and the fact the bullies are associated with his kids.
jibberjim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
jibberjim wrote:

I'm sure the bartender was played by Tom Cruise, they were doing all sorts of tricks and stuff, the bartenders Miyagi character committed suicide in the end I think
tuckandgo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: 'Cobra Kai' on You Tube Premium Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
100% on Rotten Tomatoes! Anyone else seen this Karate Kid 'where are they now' series? Follows the two main protagonists and their lives 34 years later. Unfortunately I got to see the first 2 episodes for free, now I'm hooked Rolling Eyes I will probably do the free Premium trial, power-watch it, then cancel (11.99/month!)

Worth a look for those who remember this film as kids in the 80s. 34 years Mad

That's my viewing sorted then.

Wax on - wax off

Still makes me laugh. I'm sure there was a parent/kids jobs around the house conspiracy in there somewhere.
hammerer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
jibberjim wrote:

I'm sure the bartender was played by Tom Cruise, they were doing all sorts of tricks and stuff, the bartenders Miyagi character committed suicide in the end I think

Laughing that went over Jorgans head.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:

Laughing that went over Jorgans head.

I did wonder what he was on about, then realised he was talking about Cocktail. But I couldn't be ar$ed to reply once the penny had dropped! Jim should have been busy watching proper films back then anyway, not that sh!te.

What's got Billy spooked?
Tony Stark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Cobra Kai' on You Tube Premium Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:

Is that more ethical than just getting it off a torrent site?
swimbikewaddle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately been off sick this week, got myself a free trial and binge watched the lot. The ended gears up for an amazing second series (hopefully!)
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Cobra Kai' on You Tube Premium Reply with quote

Tony Stark wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

Is that more ethical than just getting it off a torrent site?

Blimey, I haven't used torrents for donkeys years!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: